Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 7. Plants and plant extracts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 12:41 AM

Default Amsterdam Hash Hunting (import)

Planning a trip to the amsterdam in February and looking to get my hands on some good import hash, if anyone has any recommendations they would be a greatly appreciated. Especially I am interested in trying some good traditional morroccan (rather than the pakistani maroc, mexi maroc, etc.) and decent quality afghani but I am up for anything good.

I am always confused by the import selection especially coming from an area where temple balls, charas, etc. have never been common. My understanding from reading MrHaze420's posts on ic is that real high end import hash wholesales for around 10 euro per gram but it is very rare I have ever seen import retail for more than 13-15 euro which leads me to believe there is not alot of the real high end stuff floating around??
Old 01-04-2011, 12:44 AM

Also is all the border hash garbage? Lots on the menus but really cheap like $5 euro/gram, I assume this is because it is crap not just alot on the market??
Old 01-04-2011, 01:26 AM
british_hempire

Yeah, don't go to Amsterdam to shop for your hash, get on the train and go elsewhere.

Give you an example, Plein 48 in Zutphen in April I bought some hash that was 7e a gram that was the nicest shop bought I smoked for a couple of years, I think it was called Berber, they had 5 or 6 other hashes too, from 4 to 11e a gram.

If you want to stay in Amsterdam, best to meet up with mrhaze when you get there and let him fill you in on what's good at the moment, it can change daily almost.

The border hash is abysmal, unsmokeable to anyone who has smoked real hash, there is a ton of adulterated bad hash around, even in shops that you would have always relied on for quality.

I know that the rifman hashes in the dampkring are always good, prices are not bad either, Kadinsky is worth a look too, they always have something decent, I think it was the Malana Cream I enjoyed last time I bought there. Bulldog Leidseplein usually has a decent Nepali too. Kashmir Lounge and Katsu are worth checking out but need a tram ride to get to.

Don't waste your money on the ice hashes, they are extremely expensive and not that great.

I you can contact mrhaze at icmag, that would be your best starting point, he is always upto date on what's around.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:24 PM

The 222 used to have some good hash back in the day, I rember molding a bit of squidgy black into the shape of my mobile battery to bring home.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:32 PM

thanks for the tips guys! We will be staying out of the center.. I can't handle all those drunk brits, katsu area hotel for me. I hate myself a little for loving their lavender so much, just knowing it came from soma makes me feel a little slimy.

I would rather spend some big euro's per gram and stay in amsterdam area if possible. Rifman is definately on my list and will hit mrhaze up closer to the date.. didn't realize he gave personal recommendations.

Border hash was 99% of the commercial scene in my area in the late eighties and early nineties, probably 70% was garbage but lots was very high end.. on par with the best homemade affie I have tried. Wonder what happened, likely just called afghan polm or something instead? For all the stuff that is produced in afghanistan/pakistan they must still have plenty of high grade product exported. I tried some pretty good afghan polm two years ago in the dam. High end afghan is about the only thing that would make me head out of the dam on my hunt.. for this I will travel!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:05 AM

How very dare you I'm English but I understand about my fellow country men being a bit OTT while in the dam.

You use the word polm.. thank you .. so many idiots call it pollen.. A man after my own heart I love Black Aghan hash....
Old 01-05-2011, 08:04 AM
british_hempire

Amsterdam would be a lot better without the drunken brit crowd, I avoid the rld for that reason largely.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:18 PM

no offense meant mates! I am pure bred brit (though don't live there) so figured I was allowed to call it as I see it.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:36 PM

Only joshing mate I'm an Ex pat aswell. Wild horses would'nt drag me back....
Old 01-05-2011, 02:15 PM

it's been five years since my last visit to a'dam but prior to that i was considered to be a degenerate regular. lol. no one mentioned the blue bird? imho this was the best shot at good imports in the city. and whoever brought up the subject of the eurorail knows the deal as my most enjoyable coffee shop experiences were outside of a'dam, rotterdam comes to mind and not that far either.

is the hash market still running in copenhagen? the little encampment known as christianna? things may have changed but at one time this was your best shot at buying imported hash in europe. one kilo blocks with a buck knife stuck in them were front and center. when things were rolling you might see a dozen vendors offering wares from around the world. mostly hashish but a bit of herb as well. peace-biteme