Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Medicinal plants > 7. Plants and plant extracts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 04:21 PM

Default How to make - Hemp Salve in pressure cooker

Hey G-boys and G-girls i'd like to show you my way how to make Hemp Salve.
It's my modification of original Auntie Bushka's Homemade Hemp Salve

Quote:
Introduction:
Cannabis can be used for the fabrication of various medicinal preparations. One of the most powerful hemp preparations is the hemp salve. Its efficiency was proven already in the 50s at the Olomouc University Hospital, where Prof. Jan Kabelik carried out his famous research on the antibacterial effects of cannabis indica.

About the history of hemp salve

One of the hospital pathologists cut his finger during an autopsy, bacteria resistant to antibiotics infected the wound and it seemed that an amputation was going to be inevitable. Then someone had the idea to ask for help Prof. Kabelik, who was known for his research on the medicinal use of cannabis. He applied his hemp salve and two days later the wound was already healing and the amputation was avoided.
Inspired with traditional medicine and Kabelik’s experiments, seven years ago I started to manufacture my own hemp salve. I used Vaseline as a salve base because it is better supported by people suffering of allergies than lanoline or other animal fats, although it is not as well penetrating as them. After years of research and experimentations with different fabrication procedures, I finally obtained a preparation with very satisfactory effects and after another years of testing I could be quite sure that my recipe using double extraction (alcohol fermentation + fat) was the right one. The preparation following this homemade recipe is lengthy - 5 weeks, but it is certainly worth of the effort.
Due to the fact that in my country is the preparation of medicines on the basis of cannabis illegal, it was not possible to make any official analyses or clinical experiments. So I had to collect the testimonies of my friends and many other persons, who over the years used this salve for the treatment of their diseases and health problems. The hemp salve is a universal healing preparation with multiple effects. It is combining the effects of an antibiotic ointment with the effects of a salve efficiently relieving arthritic and rheumatism pains. Among others, it has proven to be extremely efficient for the treatment of burns (even of 2nd degree), certain types of eczemas, psoriasis and fungus. You will find the complete list of diagnoses successfully treated with my homemade salve here under. Just pay attention to one thing - the salve should never be used on fresh bleeding wounds!

Some healing or relieving effects of the salve

• anti-inflammatory effects
  • analgesic effects
  • relaxing effects on muscles and other body tissues
  • muciparous decongesting effects
  • regenerative effects on body tissues

Which diseases the salve heals or relieves as a complementary medicine

• all kinds of superficial wounds, cuts, acne pimples, furuncles, nail incarnations, corns, certain nail fungus
  • ragged commissure of lips, fever blisters, herpes
  • certain types of dermatitis (including atopical) and psoriasis
  • rheumatism and arthritic pains (up to the 2nd degree of arthritis)
  • torticollis, back pains, muscular pains and cramps, sprains and other contusions
  • phlebitis, venous ulcerations
  • hemorrhoids
  • menstruation pains
  • cold and sore throat, bronchitis
  • asthmatic problems with breathing
  • chronical inflammation of larynx (application in the form of a Priessnitz compress)
  • migraine, head pains

This is my way how to prepare this great medicine:

If you want use this medicine internally then you can make it from oil instead of vaseline. (more in video on the end of this thread)

Tools:
  • Pressure cooker
  • Pot with double bottom or water bath
  • Cloth for filtering (like cheesecloth or similiar)
  • Cups from pharmacy store
Ingredience:
  • 500g of yellow vaseline from pharmacy
  • 60g of big dried leafs
  • 25g of lower dried buds (or trims) (better use some afghani strain with more CBD, CBN, ... inside, for example PERIPHERI using G13/skunk or L.U.I. and it works great)
  • Beeswax (I use 60g of 100% nature Czech beeswax to 500g of vaseline)
Procedure:

1) Take 60g of dried leafs, crush them and put to pressure cooker. Add 300g of vaseline and pour with water to 70% of pressure cooker volume.

2)Put pressure cooker to stove and cook for around 30-40 minutes then turn of the heat and let it cool in room to next day.

3)Another day change water a repeat the process (2), you can use new leafs material. Next day pour out water, resolve stiff cake in water bath, filter through cloth and squeeze it. (i recommend you to use gloves)

Last edited by CosaNostra; 01-18-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:25 PM

4)In second phase take 30g of buds (or trims), crush them and put them to pressure cooker together with 200g of vaseline and filtered vaseline.

5)Cook again for 30-40 minutes, let it cool to next day, change water and repeat this process again (5).

Old 01-17-2010, 04:27 PM

6)Put out stiffed cake and resolve this material in waterbath or pot with double bottom.

7)Pour it through cloth and squeeze.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:29 PM

8) Put again pot to water bath and use additive (in my case it's 60g of beeswax) and slowly resolve it (Attention!! you must resolve beeswax in some nonmetallic pot)

9)For sure i filtered it again.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:33 PM

10) Pour medicine to cups, let it cool and store in dark cold place like fridge (is possible that in bottom of pot stay some water so pour it slowly and material on bottom let cool and then pour water out).
And that's all. Use it, spread it, love it.

Benefits:

• Temperature in pressure cooker is around 120-130C in cooking so decarboxylation is made inside pressure cooker
  • Everything stay inside pressure cooker (no evaporation of substances like essencial oils)
  • Faster than simmering
  • No smell in da house

Thx to:

Last edited by CosaNostra; 01-17-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:42 PM
JessE

Very interesting thread CosaNostra, excellent job my friend.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:40 PM

can you tell us if the using of the salve is localized or does the application of the salve produce mental effects as well. I have a few family members dealing with chronic pain that are elderly but can not really take the psychoactive effects of cannabis. I have pain in body parts from broken bones that healed poorly that cause me pain to fluctuating levels and have tried pain creams but nothing cuts through the pain. I of course have to result to analgesic rx meds which treat the full body which really isn't needed since the pain is localized...But there is time when I use cannabis for pain relief but it is not always the best meds due to the mental effects of cannabis..

your information would really help me out as I suply three family member and friends with free meds and eadibles as I know they cant afford any. So this method could be very useful for them as well as my local ccclub..

will this cream work for this?

will there be any mental effects?

can you describe how it helps you and its effects mentally and physically ?

thanks for the fantastic post and for perfecting the proccess over the last 10 years

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom." --William Blake"

Language," William S. Burroughs reminded us, "is a virus from outer space."

"I'm not black, but there's a whole lots a times I wish I could say I'm not white"
FRANK ZAPPA
Old 01-18-2010, 02:50 AM

Wonderful!!! Just browsed the forum and saw this.....Just what I need..
Thanks man!!!! I;m going to get a pressure cooker tomorrow
Old 01-18-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessE View Post
Very interesting thread CosaNostra, excellent job my friend.
Hey Jesse, hope you're doing well.
Thx but most compliments belongs to Bushka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinkeeper View Post
can you tell us if the using of the salve is localized or does the application of the salve produce mental effects as well. I have a few family members dealing with chronic pain that are elderly but can not really take the psychoactive effects of cannabis. I have pain in body parts from broken bones that healed poorly that cause me pain to fluctuating levels and have tried pain creams but nothing cuts through the pain. I of course have to result to analgesic rx meds which treat the full body which really isn't needed since the pain is localized...But there is time when I use cannabis for pain relief but it is not always the best meds due to the mental effects of cannabis..

your information would really help me out as I suply three family member and friends with free meds and eadibles as I know they cant afford any. So this method could be very useful for them as well as my local ccclub..

will this cream work for this?

will there be any mental effects?

can you describe how it helps you and its effects mentally and physically ?

thanks for the fantastic post and for perfecting the proccess over the last 10 years
Hey grindkeeper.
Yes it's like you said, hemp salve work locally in area where you apply it with no mental effect (if you doing it according to recipe).
I don't make it primarilly for myself (i using it only occasionally when i have problems, for example: herpes, it worked great for me when i torn my thigh muscle in football (reducing pain, healing), ... ),
but for grandma - she using it for leg ulcer
and friends - dermatic problems, eczema

So yes salve is good for pain reliever too.
Like i said before some strains works better than others for make use some indica strain. I think White Rhino (Medicine Man) will be great.
I dont know anyone who using it for pain relief personally (only from forum) so for detailed information you can send e-mail to bushka and talk about it with her (she has definitelly more experiences (and her english is far more better) than me(y) ) http://www.bushka.cz/bushkaperson/index.html
Hope it helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyplay View Post
Wonderful!!! Just browsed the forum and saw this.....Just what I need..
Thanks man!!!! I;m going to get a pressure cooker tomorrow
Hey key, pressure cooker is not one possibility how to make hemp salve. You can use originall simmering method,
some people simply resolve vaseline pour it to pan together with material and put to oven for 110 C for about 2 hours. After few days repeating this process and it works too.

Last edited by CosaNostra; 01-18-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:12 AM

Thumbs up

Nice thread