Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 6. Breeders support and information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 08:28 PM

Default Which State in the U.S has the best cannabis??

I have been wondering for a while now which state of the U.S has the best medical marijuana?? Is it California and if so what part...north/south??, Denver or Boulder,Colorado?, or even Seattle, Washington or Portland, Oregon?? Or maybe even somewhere on the east coast?
Anyones personal knowledge would be interesting!

Last edited by CANNABISMAN; 02-09-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:47 PM

IMO...

I STRESS... IN MY OPINION!

in the US, the best ourdoor is in Cali, the best indoor is in CO.

Southern cali for the fire Kush

Norcal for good sativa and purple

and CO for amazin concentrates, and indoor indi hybrid bud!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:49 PM
coop

i've been in all over the states. Its tough to say but certian cities have some amazing herb. Boston, NYC and Madison would be on the top of my list for some killer killer nugs. But your gonna pay out the ass for it.

there is some amazing bud in colorado but a ton of mediocre shit to shift thru.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:16 PM

I recently came across this press release (links below) re Australian cannabis products being exported to the US market. Assuming that this press release is for real........

Reaping Gold at Nimbin Prison Farm

press release also posted in NIMBIN HEMP EMBASSY WEBSITE , click on nimbin wave link at top of homepage. link is to left of page next to pic of smoulder and cops.

Welcome to the Nimbin HEMP Embassy : Hemp Embassy
Old 02-10-2012, 01:30 AM

It's all about the California grown! I've been to other places, but nothing comes close. Well, I take that back. Hawaii used to have really good local herbs and probably still do, but it's not as abundant as it was before. Colorado is still in it's infancy in comparison to California. Hope for big things from them in the future.

HB.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:25 AM

Northern California. Almost all the great herb available in southern California is either grown or the plants come from northern California. Colorado does have good concentrates, but overall their herb doesn't hold it's own to northern California herbs, indoor and especially outdoor. Overall and generally speaking, northern California has the best herb in the world and I've been a few places.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladera View Post
I recently came across this press release (links below) re Australian cannabis products being exported to the US market. Assuming that this press release is for real........
Reaping Gold at Nimbin Prison Farm
More Aussie humour - not for the credulous
Old 02-10-2012, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensimilla13 View Post
Well, from what I've seen in Seattle and to a less extent in Portland, there is mostly the "elite" clone BS from Cali...it seems to me most places have the same stuff here...and as far as I can tell most of it is mediocre...it is mostly mass produced and not special at all. It's all about the name here, it's pathetic!

I'll put my MNS gear up against anything I've seen at the 10+ places I've checked so far in Seattle and the few I've seen from Portland.

Most of the growers are in it for the money I think and so you get 7-8 week indica hybrids dominating everything and it's just bland and boring. Most of it has been smashed and abused so it doesn't look high quality at all.

Of course there are exceptions to everything and I have gotten a few strains that were top notch. For example, one place has a great Blueberry from DP 90's stock that is great, a sample of Masterkush and and cinex were nice too...

There are a couple places here that have AWESOME extracts in the form of oil, hash and capsules...really high quality and something for everyone!

Your homegrown is likely far, far better!

Of course this is only my opinion, so please consider that caveat!

Cheers,
Sensi
Agreed, I have extensive experience with the dispensaries in the Seattle area, and while there is a lot of good pot, there is a lot of the "elite" clone bullshit. Don't get me wrong, it's often good pot, particularly in how it looks, but there are only so many fuckin Kushes you can make... Give me a couple three good Kushes and I'm content. I don't need 50.

I'm smokin some of Reeferman's Willie Nelson right now for the first time. I picked this shit up this evening from a dispensary around town, and while not as pretty as many of the examples one could point to, it is absolutely excellent sativa pot. Outstanding smoke. One of the better examples of a sativas I've had. Actually, I'm pretty much love at first sight over this strain. The point is, I have no doubt strains being bred by readily available breeders are easily as good if not better than much of the "elite" clones. The elites have their place and I enjoy them too, but there's a bit of madness and irrationality to it all.

At the end of the day I'm thankful for people like Shanti, Nevil, Reeferman, Fet, Dman, DJ Short, Breeder Steve, etc. etc. etc. who have been instrumental in bringing these genetics to a worldwide audience. Bravo guys, our lives are better because of your work.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:13 AM

NYC delivery svc has better bud than the dispensaries from Sac to Redding. It's also 5x's as expensive, lol. (commercial KB analogy)

The haze off of the block in NY is better than the kush from the hippies in NorCal (weed network analogy). I said it.
Again. A pound of block haze will go for 7-8k in nyc (gets retailed ~$30+/g). The bomb indoor 'elites' go for 1/2 that in the land of nut trees. People hand out buds here

Bout to unleash some haze crosses on these cowpokes!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemphrey Bogart View Post
It's all about the California grown! I've been to other places, but nothing comes close. Well, I take that back. Hawaii used to have really good local herbs and probably still do, but it's not as abundant as it was before. Colorado is still in it's infancy in comparison to California. Hope for big things from them in the future.

HB.
Co has 100,000 card holders Ca has 60,000. I would agree with you if it were before the 90's. I smoked some incredible indoor on the slopes of Co in the early 90's. Co does have a lot of low end med crap but the old hippies knew what time it was. The best weed I've ever smoked was 5c grown in Kansas in major farm country, same county that produces the best wheat in the world. Rich sandy soil that washed off the Rockies and more intense sunny days than California. I've smoked a ton of shit from Ca and Co, I'd take Kansas over any other state for outdoor conditions.