Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 6. Breeders support and information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban View Post
Haven't tried this yet but will be this spring. Bob, one thing I've heard mentioned a few times is that the male flowers from a plant sprayed with silver
sometimes don't open and release pollen the same way a regular male plant will - sometimes you have to let the male flower mature and then manually open it to get to the pollen. Not sure if this is true in all or even most cases, but thought I'd mention it. Someone with more experience can correct me if it's wrong.
hello suburban

i have an SI male (masculine female?) that reversed without any chemical application and i have found that the male flowers are not opening up as they should. i am experiencing a lot of flower drop also. this is being grown both indoors and outdoors and the same thing is happening in and out.

CHEERS
Old 02-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban View Post
Haven't tried this yet but will be this spring. Bob, one thing I've heard mentioned a few times is that the male flowers from a plant sprayed with silver
sometimes don't open and release pollen the same way a regular male plant will - sometimes you have to let the male flower mature and then manually open it to get to the pollen. Not sure if this is true in all or even most cases, but thought I'd mention it. Someone with more experience can correct me if it's wrong.
i should see pollin dropping soon , within the next few days

ill let you know how it goes

if you like when your ready i could send you a jar full of CS water (i just made a gallon) , ive learnt that made properly and stored in the dark at room temp there is no short term shelf life , i didnt even start useing mine for a good 3 weeks after recieving it , it didnt turn brown or cloudy and from the look of my plant it worked just fine

peace

EDIT : after shipping it cost me 50 bux for the .9999 pure silver wire , but now i have it and 4 litres/1 gallon of pure distilled water only cost me 2 bux , so ill be making lots

Last edited by b0b_b1tch1n; 02-28-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Banned

ok so the plant fully reversed , im happy about that

flowers have started opening on thier own , im happy about that

there is no pollin dropping , im not happy about that

was my first attempt so im happy enough to try again

here is a pic taken yesterday

peace
Old 03-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Chana Masala

Nice bobby...

Ya alchemist...

Wait a bit longer... still time for pollen to drop... how long did you start to see the pods opening.

Dont chop yet mate.

CM
Old 03-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chana Masala View Post
Nice bobby...

Ya alchemist...

Wait a bit longer... still time for pollen to drop... how long did you start to see the pods opening.

Dont chop yet mate.

CM
noticed the first one open when i took the pic yesterday , today there are 4 or 5 more open , not just opening , they are open and fading away, but still no pollin , im used to them spraying out pollin so this kinda makes me sad as it was time and effort as well as taking up my entire breeding room that coulda been pumping out others that are waiting to bump and grind

ill be waiting it out untill there is no chance or they actually do shed some pollin so no worries

peace
Old 03-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Chana Masala

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b_b1tch1n View Post
others that are waiting to bump and grind
I didnt know you like R Kelly, lolololol.

that was funny man.

Okay lets see what happens the next few days. Still a good experiment.

Ttyl,

CM
Old 03-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Banned

ok so pollin has dropped , but as mentioned earlier in this thread and in other forums , not much of it

anyone know a way to dial things in and have this method produce even a little more pollin ?

my target plant is a runt and behind in flowering big time so a couple weeks ago i thought to myself id just go with it and see if when ready it could catch some late pollin and untill then id collect and save what i could , but ,,,,,

im just not seeing much pollin

next time around im going with 4 reversed plants

peace

Last edited by b0b_b1tch1n; 03-10-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:07 PM
coop

i was about to try some myself

I was going to spray multiple clones and hopefully be able to get more pollen that way.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coop View Post
i was about to try some myself

I was going to spray multiple clones and hopefully be able to get more pollen that way.
id advise it coop , from what others say here and at other forums and now seeing it for myself

i noticed a tiny tiny ammount on the stem so i shook the plant today to actually see any pollin fall and i mean i hardly seen any , and there are a ton of open flowers now , they seem to open and shrivle up and die quicker then im used to seeing and most are empty or close to it

peace
Old 03-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Chana Masala

Lol @ R-Kelly...

Good eye there bobby. I am happy it is working out.

If bobby can do it, hell I can do it...

Look out world here come the ladyboys...