Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 6. Breeders support and information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 07:39 PM

Very interesting thread. I have done research into the topic as well.

In the Lydon et al. (1987) study, I have a hard time believing the gigantic increases in THC levels (~15-30%).

How much resin can a plant produce? Surely a plant cannot be composed of over 25% of THC?

It is interesting what you say about Pate and his negative results.

I am not sure what to believe. It is very possible that the Lydon et al. study was a false result.

What is your conclusion from all this?
Old 12-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Breeder

I did experiments with UV light. I described it somewhere. Plants burn unless they are conditioned to it. I found no increase in potency or change in the character of the high. It's a dead horse.
N.

Last edited by Nevil; 12-20-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:04 PM

I have done a grow with hps mh and uvb light and i personally know my bud was different and better compared to just hps. I have flowered under mh only also which i personally thought it was a nicer smoke better taste for defo. Overall i think mh produces a better cannabinoid/terpene profile compared to hps.Does anyone think mh grown bud holds its flavour for longer? I must add that when i compare my nft hydro bud to my organic both grown under hps only there seems to be more crystal content on the hydro bud could this be down to humidity with the nft. I do think that humidity has a part to play in thc content
Old 12-21-2010, 01:07 AM
BobbyDigital

Sup Nevil,

Thanks for your input. Any chance you could point me to where you wrote it down? I'd love to read about it!

Just so you all know, there is a thread about this on icmag that is pretty interesting around the middle. A user by the handle spurr claims to have done experiments that showed increase. He sounds like an ag-sci student, very smart fellow, and he also states in that thread that he has an account here at MNS forum but refuses to use it because of the lack of HTTPS (post #168). I think it is time that MNS self-signed a certificate =D

You all can check it out here:
UV Light and Terpenoids
Old 12-21-2010, 05:52 AM

Default hash tips

Here is an article from a recent issue of Skunk mag that was about making "hash tips" on the colas using UVB and LEDs. Apparently a certain light frequency must be omitted for it to work. It worked with the LEDs cuz the proper frequency was missing. Anyhow, it caused massive resin production on the parts of the plant that were closest to the light. The buds were also bleached white from the LEDs being so close.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hash tips 1.jpg (476.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg hash tips 2.jpg (540.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Hash tips 3.jpg (615.6 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Green 4 Good; 12-22-2010 at 01:51 AM. Reason: found the article
Old 12-22-2010, 06:18 AM

Default UV B

I ran this experiment way back in the ,my memory is cloudy on the results,i have to consult my partner @ the time ,if he remebers any significant differences ,as for me I can not,as to the fact everything we were blessed with was devastating as is,but we used Mercury vapor lights ,i will try to dig up more details.but honestly I don't remember it being any huge difference as compared to plants that are breed with proper selection.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:38 AM

Thanks for the informative post and all the research, still new to me however "outdated" or not it may be.