Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 04:53 PM

JB is a strain i've always fancied but never got round to and your last pic really hits a sweet spot fella!!

And if fet's sharing, i'll have some 303 aswell

Here's hoping there is no more nanners what-so-ever.

Keep it up

Fijian
Old 07-09-2012, 09:01 PM

Default Real deal

Jb is a strain every haze or wild sativa craving grower must try pure wildness I promise my mate had 7 seeds and got 4 fems back in 07 all lost now.. they all put mns stock to shame and trust me ive got nothing but respect for shanti and I've been thru a least 60/70 seeds of mns in the last few years and the best pheno was tame at it's best ....oh yeah he's just cracked 2 pcks of jb yeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa I now there flowering I should ask my mate if he would share grow with us here at mns just to see the magic like I said before jb is a must for the lovers of the wilder side to cannabis
Old 07-10-2012, 11:07 AM

That's good to hear, caspa!
Seems no-one has a bad word to say about JB.
Perhaps that Neville's Haze dad was reeeal good.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert Lush View Post
Perhaps that Neville's Haze dad was reeeal good.
Hi Gert,

I think the mom was a Neville's Haze, dad a Blueberry. I always had an eye on this strain, almost bought it a couple of times...now I can't find it.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:54 PM

Hey Betterhalf, you know, that thought entered my head soon as I posted the above. Thanks for clarifying. Whatever it was, seems something went right.

Well, I have managed to keep 4 clones out of 5 flowering plants (hope the one I lost isn't the best one, LOL) and I also have two more untested phenos for the next grow, but even so I just bought another pack of JB for the fridge. Future insurance, you never can tell.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:22 AM

Default Getting there...

I think the Willijuanas might be well ready in 9 weeks, along with the Apollos.
As for the Apollos, I think this is the first grow I've done where I can't even see the plants!
That's 'cause they are short in comparison to the others, and right at the back. I hope they are OK

The JBs are real monsters. Some have 3-4 growing tips and are still getting to 6' tall! I think their yield might be alright, too. Here's a couple of JB pics:

Old 07-17-2012, 04:28 PM

I think you may be right fella, those jb's are getting very big. Impressive buds!

Looking forward to seeing them finish and hearing your verdict.

Keep up the fine work

Fijian
Old 08-01-2012, 04:21 PM

Default wild

them jb's are looking a lot like mine ger its them leaves they look like claws my mate said there the nev phenos cant wait to see a update bro... i think some of them will take at least 14weeks plus but they should be the best smoke you've had in years jb is a special strain if not one of the best out there
Old 08-01-2012, 09:16 PM

Thanks caspa.

Bit tricky taking photos at the moment but FWIW, here are some JBs, just starting to plump up. A month to go... (at least)

Last edited by Gert Lush; 08-01-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: spleilng
Old 08-01-2012, 09:38 PM

By way of an update - of sorts. (Not much of an update really, but whatever)

The Apollos have been quite disappointing on yield. I think they even did better under a 250, LOL. Not quite sure why this is, but I remember a mate who grew them in similar (i.e. marginalised conditions) saying the same thing. At the time it seemed odd to me, cause I know the Apollo can yield well.
My explanation: a) They are quite hungry feeders. I kept the schedule very light for the other two. b) The are quite far - almost too far - from the light because they are shorter and on the edges. Plus a few had leaned over without my seeing them, taking them even further away. I am sure that a keeper pheno, grown as an exclusive strain, with loads of attention to light and feed would do much better.
On the positive side, the trichome formation is VERY good, loads and loads of small trichomes, packed practically like mats!
I think I'll chop on the 7th. May be a bit early, but need to get on with other things.

Not much to say about the WIllijuana, no real problems, the hermi problem did not reappear, I love the smells on these, real landrace floral hashy bouquets, and the fat wavy pistils make them look quite different. Tallish, pretty plants, may take them down a week after the Apollos, or even at the same time, we'll see...

The JBs, as you may be able to see, are definitely the feature of this grow.
Monster plants, divine, intriguing exotic smells, and quite robust with it, too. Plus, they are just starting to pack weight! I shall PK them once the other are out - I am lazy and I do not water individually! Very promising. I am thinking of chopping end of August, but may give them a bit more time after that.