Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Banned

What kind of OG crosses would you guys like to see?

I have an OG that came from bagseed.
I know it can be hard to obtain cuts, so seeds are the best way to spread the genetics.
This og i have is pretty good, i just dont know what to cross it to without completely changing its charachter.
All the males i have coming will be sativas, they might make nice crosses but how could i retain a more dominant og seedline?
Maybe ill get lucky and get a few bannanas.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:10 PM
BucketBong

A really cool questions Mister Hairy. Surely the go would be to use a male that is a non dominant type and who has some similar characteristics to OG . You American blokes would be the experts in that area Ive never even had the good fortune of trying any of the OG - Chem - Diesel lines myself. Maybe an Ortega - OG cross then backcross and select for OG dom traits ? Anything thats indy dom and preferably has no Skunk or Haze as they are very dom lines in any cross. Perhaps something like Sannies Herijuana or KO Kush x OG Kush . If you are trying other seed companies maybe something like the reserva privada Sour Kush. Ozzie member Southern Sun did a lovely grow of that one and it seems to yield more like a chem than the og . Cheers mate , hope all's well.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Banned

yeah, i wonder if og with some northern lights might make something similar to diesel?
I have some nl5 haze seedlings, the males will hit the og for sure.
maybe a Nl5 dominant male would be good, or a haze dominant male might make it easier to select an og leaning plant from the next generation.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack hairy View Post
What kind of OG crosses would you guys like to see?

I have an OG that came from bagseed.
I know it can be hard to obtain cuts, so seeds are the best way to spread the genetics.
This og i have is pretty good, i just dont know what to cross it to without completely changing its charachter.
All the males i have coming will be sativas, they might make nice crosses but how could i retain a more dominant og seedline?
Maybe ill get lucky and get a few bannanas.
But what will the males be? Sat-dom OG crosses can be some bombbb dankness.

Just don't infect that tasty lemon pine hit with any lazy peanut butter sativa flavours and you'll be fine. Cross it to your piniest or most lemony male, regardless of strain origin. If you don't have any males that smell like lemon or pine to you I'd just go for the strongest smelling male.

So nobody trolls me about my "OG Knowledge" like when I mentioned smoking a local cut of Sour Deez that no doubt came from a pack of commercial seeds like almost all the "OG" out there - I have smoked probably 20+ different 'phenos' of OG.

Now, not having knowledge of the grow conditions or knowing the growers, I have no idea where the majority of these cuts come from. When I do find out though, familiar names start popping up.

DNA
Cali Connection
Subcool
Basically whatever the hell attitude and/or gypsy are selling named "OG something"

I have personally grown the OG18 fem beans. Amazing plants.

Best shit I've ever had though, the sources were always very far away from me. Totally unreachable in fact. I used to buy off a fella operating a very well stocked dispensary in his home and he usually had at least 3 "grades" of og, often more. The top grade stuff was always the same, always the best and always the same, and his relationship with the producers was nill. It was very expensive.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack hairy View Post
yeah, i wonder if og with some northern lights might make something similar to diesel?
I have some nl5 haze seedlings, the males will hit the og for sure.
maybe a Nl5 dominant male would be good, or a haze dominant male might make it easier to select an og leaning plant from the next generation.
Hey Jack, Ya wana make some diesel? Take the colombian pheno and cross to a blueberry male. Simple as that!
Old 03-14-2012, 01:32 PM

Smile Good To Be Back

Hi CM, Been Laid Up Lately And Thought I'd Land On Your Thread With A Big Hello And A Image Of G13xHaze I Have Been Growing @ 12/12 From Seed
They're Flowering Now
Talk Later
Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12-12 From Seed- G13xHaze - 14 March.jpg (496.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-14-2012, 01:49 PM

from what i know, the larry, and the sfv are very dominant in crosses. it shouldnt be too hard to work that line. just need to find a good pairing.