Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Tieguanyin

Default What's between SSH & MH?

Been looking a some of the 'classics'; NH is of course always tempting but it just looks way too impractical...MangoHz & SuperSilverHz are a bit more ... domestic

What's the difference betwixt these strain - Mango is clearly somewhat "Mangoey" and if the strain guide is right the Super might be a tad quicker in flower - apart from that one is none the wiser - can people shed light on this for me?
Old 07-30-2011, 04:00 AM
coop

the flavor profiles too,
The mango's going to have more tropical notes.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:37 AM

MH has a wider Hz genetic background than SSH having the A & C males contained in the pedigree...

Peace.

K.

Peace does not fare well where poverty and deprivation reign. It does not flourish where there is ignorance and a lack of education and information. Repression, injustice and exploitation are inimical with peace. Peace is gravely threatened by inter-group fear and envy and by the unleashing of unrealistic expectations. Racial, class and religious intolerance and prejudice are its mortal enemies.
- Frederik W. de Klerk -

FREE TURKESTAN
Old 07-30-2011, 06:57 AM
cannabisspfecund

are you sure cashrocks? this is my understanding of what the haze strains are meant to be

nh = nl#5f x hazeAm F(ssh mum?) X hazeC M

ssh = nl#5f x hazeAm F(nevils select from 1000) X skunk#1f x hazeCm M

mh = nl#5f x hazeAm F(shanti's select from 1000) X skunk#1f x hazeCm M

can anyone confirm this? as well as confirm that this is what they still are?

the problem i have with this is when it comes to nevils haze mango, this should be nh x mh but is listed by mns as 12.5% Skunk, 25% NL5, 12.5% Haze A male, 50% Haze C male so this would mean only one of the parents(nh or mh) contains haze A. i have been wanting to ask shanti about this.

cheers
Old 07-30-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabisspfecund View Post
are you sure cashrocks? this is my understanding of what the haze strains are meant to be

nh = nl#5f x hazeAm F(ssh mum?) X hazeC M

ssh = nl#5f x hazeAm F(nevils select from 1000) X skunk#1f x hazeCm M

mh = nl#5f x hazeAm F(shanti's select from 1000) X skunk#1f x hazeCm M

can anyone confirm this? as well as confirm that this is what they still are?

the problem i have with this is when it comes to nevils haze mango, this should be nh x mh but is listed by mns as 12.5% Skunk, 25% NL5, 12.5% Haze A male, 50% Haze C male so this would mean only one of the parents(nh or mh) contains haze A. i have been wanting to ask shanti about this.

cheers
Yes I am...

SSH= (NL#5HzC)x(SkHzC)

MH= (NL#5HzC)x(SkHzA)

NH= (NL#5HzA)xHzC

Peace.

K.

Peace does not fare well where poverty and deprivation reign. It does not flourish where there is ignorance and a lack of education and information. Repression, injustice and exploitation are inimical with peace. Peace is gravely threatened by inter-group fear and envy and by the unleashing of unrealistic expectations. Racial, class and religious intolerance and prejudice are its mortal enemies.
- Frederik W. de Klerk -

FREE TURKESTAN
Old 07-30-2011, 08:44 AM
cannabisspfecund

thankyou kashrocks i have found this posted by shanti in 2007

Mr Nice Nevilles Haze

this still does not account for the nevils haze mango discription.

cheers
Old 07-30-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabisspfecund View Post
this still does not account for the nevils haze mango discription.

cheers
That is true...

Perhaps you should point it to Shanti.

Errare humanum est.

Peace.

K.

- Frederik W. de Klerk -

FREE TURKESTAN
Old 07-30-2011, 10:14 AM

mango haze is excellent, there are quick and big yielder phenotypes more on the skunk and NL sides but there is the mango phenotype which is excellent in aroma,high and other traits and there are other hazy phenos, spicy and fresh, less yielder but the best plants i ever had with the mango pheno of course.
nevils haze must be more psychedelic and more hazy but needs a better selection so 2 packs will be a minimum for me. the nevils mango looks very very interesting too.
sincerely

Bat

Last edited by Batman; 07-30-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Tieguanyin

Wow sorting two packs of a 16wk plant is well out of my league ...tho I was looking at Nevs Skunk - HzA & C are both in there with Nordle slowing them down a bit...but MH sounds a safer bet for A/C Hz mix perhaps...NevSK doesn't sound any quicker at any rate...

Last edited by Tieguanyin; 07-30-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:31 PM
itsbenfun

Default R n' R

Hey Tieguantin, dont forget about the Rock n' Rollers, they all have A & C in them and are probably the most practical and easy to grow haze hybrid offered here. Im doing http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/5-strain-...ink-floyd.html right now and i am very pleasently surprised at the ease of growth and finished product.