Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Chana Masala

Default Standing ovation BL... beautiful Haze trees...

Keep up the great work... oh and I am jealous brother...

Chana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07crowdgoeswild.jpg (116.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-09-2010, 07:40 PM

Thumbs up

loverly billy i nearly ordered the critical skunk last time i ordered but whent with early skunk instead. nl5xafg realy looks good it has to go on my wish list might have to put it on my pressy list for mr clows this year lol.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:57 AM

Hi Billy, that Critical skunk looks great and so did your Critical Haze girls! You certainly have a nice set up there.

I'm keen to try a vertical grow with a couple of trees and a 600W after reading your grows....and trying to find in depth stuff by Heath Robinson but struggling. If you could point me to a forum where he covers his methods in more detail I'd really appreciate it !

With your tree machines, I love the look of them but I'm a bit confused with their set up. Are they in effect like very large DWC buckets connected to a recirculating reservoir? Do you top feed through the clay balls and if so how often?( I was thinking of trying a similar set up, feeding 15mins every 2 hours or so through a 5 mm line at the top). I'm going to stick to a low EC like you have been doing as it seems to work wonders.

Does the top tank have multiple holes in it to allow the roots into the filled lower tank and do you keep a gap between the water level and the bottom of that top tank? Also do you use an air stone?

On the other hand maybe you have the pump running 24/7 through the whole system and rely on water movement to aerate it all?

Great results whatever you're doing!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Billy Liar

Chana Masala,brock1, thanks for the kindness.
flwrpwr, Hi, here's a link to a thread where heath put all the info in one place http://www.breedbay.co.uk/forums/hyd...ree-grows.html.
and heres a link to a thread where I and a few others have discussed hydroponics in some depth, http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=4510

My tree machines are just heath's recirculating waterfarms, but I found some bigger tanks that come together very neatly. Now heath uses the same tanks..
I have flood drippers constantly running through the clay pebbles, but you can turn them off once roots are well established in the bottom tank..

yes, the top tank has holes just smaller than your clay pebbles, and lots of them, the size is important to prevent strangulation of the roots coming through the top tank. No I don't use any airstones, I use a 4000lph pump that only uses 50watts and I use this to achieve all aeration.
There is NO gap between the top tank and the water, if there is a gap you would grow chord roots, these dont take up nutrients, so are a waste of space.
Yes I run the circulation pump 24/7.
peace
BL
Old 09-12-2010, 08:16 AM

Thanks very much for the detailed reply Billy, really appreciated...definitely going to set up something based on your's and Heath's excellent methods!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:23 PM

Thumbs up NICE

Hi BL,

GREAT job man, looking beauty's!!!

the BL tree machine did it again
so, if i understand this ok, you didn't came at your room for several weeks?
impressive!!!

Thnx for sharing!

Have a NICE smoke,
Old 09-16-2010, 07:26 AM
Billy Liar

Thumbs up NL5xAfg

Hi Dirk,
I only saw the girls 3 times in flower I think, but there's a guy who visits them most days, I think this has cost us quite a lot... I would normally visit once a week, but have had a lot to deal with in the last couple of months. so I've not given this run my full attention. I'm not sure how often nutes got changed, he wasn't on top of tying up branches (plant fell over), and a few other thing were overlooked I think. I bear no grudges, as we both have had busy times.
Next time I'll be introducing a little more automation.. and new bulbs..
I smoked some of the NL5xAfg last night, as I was very excited to try it, and it is a very strong indica, NoShow asked me if this would be usefull as a med, pain killer is his main requirement I think, and I would say yes this has a full body stone. I didnt stay awake too long to experience the longevity of the high. so a little more testing is required. A good thing I think LOL
I'll be weighing up in the next few days, when all is completely dry, but I dont expect, 20oz in total from both plants...
The NL5xAfg has been very low odour to grow, Buds are VERY dense, resin production is good, I'll try and put some word to the aroma, But there is a smell from the old days for me (mid 90's).
I'll do my best with a dry bud shot later too..
peace
BL
Old 09-16-2010, 04:37 PM

Default excellent...

Hey BL,

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I know that you seemingly had some issues with the plant due to not being able to visit as much as you'd like. So I would ask how did the plant handle the stress issues? Any nanners? anything you can think of?, or did it really do well for the situation?

Oh Yes!!! I am happy to hear the initial smoke report as to the strength. See here is a story for you all...

I didn't start smoking herb until I was say 18. I had once tried it when twelve, but got nothing. SO really age 18. I had smoke about three four years until I was introduced to KIND bud. It the first time with KIND was a heavy narcotic indica...I'll be damned it was awesome. No joke, and not too many laughs please, but I was plastered on the couch for four hours I was so lit up. Took me three hours to figure out how to get my drink off of the table. Glad I had legs, and they could move...lol

I have had good herb since then 20 years later now, but nothing that strong. I definatly seek that as I remember vividly how it was, and know it would definatly help with my issues. Sorry BL I fel i kinda hi-jacked you here with this story, and mean no offense by it...Thank you for the info, and I look forward to more. I appreciate you remembering me with this one. Looking good...Ns

"How would you like to feel like a mushroom?"
Kept in the dark, and fed Shit all day?

The past no longer dictates me to the future. Everyday is a new day, and what is made of it is my choice.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:59 AM
Billy Liar

NoShow, look now further my friend, I did some extensive testing on the NL5xAfg last nite. And I'm very glad to say, this is KILLER herb, the effects are quite astounding, I found it quite difficult to remain standing while smoking the first J last night. Within minutes the body became almost numb. but warm, it (my body) just didn't want to do anything, but sit on the sofa..LOL. The mind became almost confused, or really lacking any ability to pay attention, the tv was on, and I spent time trying to work out what just happened and what was just said, I felt like a gold fish with no memory..... ever seen that monty python sketch from the meaning of life.... heheee.
I mentioned smoking the scissor hash, this was just as narcotic IMO. The Mrs asked a few questions, and got no reply LOL..
I'd put longevity of the high (or low) at around three hours of muddiness. I say muddy, it was a word that kept coming to mind as I sat down for 3hrs, but wasn't quite muddy, if you know what I mean, but certainly not clear.
If anyone ever says all weed is the same, this will shut them up.
the flavour is in no way lacking either, very smooth on the tounge/throat, I have a bad palate, so really dont have much ability to describe tastes and smells too well, I'm the same with foods, but I know what I like, I'll be talking with friends and getting other opinions on taste/smell. but this is one of the first herbs I've given to friends where all called to tell me this was absolutely knock out...

so Indica heads, or med patients, looking for pain relief, or insomnia relief, BUY NORTHERN LIGHTS#5 x AFGHAN FROM SHANTI.... IT WORKS...

taste/aroma 7/10
body 9/10
mind 8.5/10
longevity 8/10
yield ?/10 (needs work)
bud structure (if you looking for dense) 10/10 Like a rock...
resin production 6/10
overall 8.5/10 this may change if I can yield more..

did I just doo my first proper smoke report???? LOL

this weekend I'll be testing Critical Skunk (Critical Mass x Afghan Skunk) this smells absolutely amazing, very fruity/berries with tones of skunk.. and I cant wait to get stuck into it. this put a smile on peoples faces when they put their noses in the bag, I asked them to try the NL5xAfg first though.

peace
BL
Old 09-17-2010, 02:41 PM

Default great

Hey Billy,

man this really sounds so familiar to that herb I first smoked I'll call "Kind" bud. Absolutly amazing herb, and am glad you got a chance to try/test it out for us med guys. I am sure it won't be a daytime herb, but many don't like using this type in the morning. When I was smokeing full time. I could start with the heavy indica's within two hours of waking up, and be fine. So this definatly sounds like it would fit the bill. Then again it has been so long since I've had something like this. Hahaha...I just envisioned myself saying..."Oh Yeah I can smoke it" then hitting the floor...lol

Thnaks friend for the report. I hope your equally amazed with the critical skunk. Good job done, and enjoy...Ns

"How would you like to feel like a mushroom?"
Kept in the dark, and fed Shit all day?

The past no longer dictates me to the future. Everyday is a new day, and what is made of it is my choice.