Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS strains and grow diaries > 5. Strain Base

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 10:49 AM

Default Testing, Testing...CBD3

Hello all,

I have received my beans. Due to slooow moving U.S.P.S. I had all but given up on them! I will be germinating some of these soon. Since I plan to terminate the males from this strain I will start 6-8 seeds. They will be grown in 5 gal. Dwc buckets, vegged under 400w MH (from the time they sprout), and flowered under 1000w HPS. My rooms are 4'x4' and have a Scrog 21" above the buckets. I have zero experience with CBD strains and am excited to experience the final product. I'm a super stoked that this is the sativa variety. I will be getting the best females tested.

? About testing. I have read on different site (but a member here) talking about having his male cbd leafs tested? These were sexed but unflowered male leafs. I didn't know that was possible but I guess anything is.

On a final note I was very unsure of CBD strains going into this. For some reason I had the notion that it didn't get u high just medicine. I really wanted the widow grail and was going to see about buying those and letting another member run the cbd. My wife is the one who bestowed confidence in me to give them hell. She has terrible pains and could use a strong medicine. Me just wanting the strongest high didnt think about her troubles. So I want to say thank you to Shantibaba for expanding my horizon and opening my eyes. I'm sure the proof is in these seeds! So while I have grail widow as well I will run these cbd 3 first as that is what I was choosen to test.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:24 PM

hey

good to hear you'll be sprouting under MH.I do this too!

About the leaves being tested,that's a little unorthodox,but I'm assuming the chrysolith that grows on leaf surfaces can tell a lot to people who have the technology and the know-how to understand those things!Maybe their analysis can pinpoint certain gasses emitted under heat,or infrared sensors can establish which cannabinoids occupy more density within individual glands(etc.etc.)
I'm no methodist....there's only one way to test product for me!(hehehe)

Nah,but on a serious note,it could benefit those who have to know these things.

Have fun
yookie
Old 05-12-2013, 11:04 PM

Hey tapioca. Thanks for weighing in. I am not/was not saying its not possible. I learn new things everyday. The person who wrote it is well respected community wide and much more experienced than me. I'm with you tho I only know one way to test it!! I've been looking into the test kits that are available tho for these testers.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:16 AM

Actually,I do believe CBD like many other cannabinoids are present in plant hair glands from day one! [leaves and all;;;that's where THC begins it's journey...flowers and fruits are not photosensitive!] (sorry if I left the impression otherwise...didn't mean to make it sound so.)

Those crude acids shift and become other things along the way,(kinda like little leaves grow bigger and reach a point where they have grown to their biggest form;from then on they sort of "petrify" and take on a new role!)

Do you think home testing kits can be thorough? I'm not asking that to smartass or anything...I was wondering because it's something that interests me!I think it's something that all home growers at one point or another ask themselves;would my shit be the shit on paper?

As far as growing for medicinal supply,it could be very instrumental in finding specific varieties to plant all the while having adequate documentation for both patient and the logistics.(you know,for legitimate purposes...)

If all goes well and you're satisfied with your test kit (you know,it being a good one and all,) maybe you could share with the community what it is and how it works?

Bye,
once again,sorry...I don't think it's dumb to test leaves whatsoever!

j
Old 05-13-2013, 02:01 PM

I also read somewhere about testing leaves before flowering with CBD plants, canít remember where though. I think it was a known high CBD plant and the leaves tested out at like 3% or 4%, I think it was GC testing though and they were also talking about its use raw (juicing).

I think there are home testing kits out there but I donít think they give any quantitative measurement, just that they are there. It would be nice if there was a test that you could use in veg if measurable amounts of cannabinoid are present, would help with the selection process although the final proof would best be measured in a lab, after harvest.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:20 PM

I find it all very interesting. I could re read it and give a more accurate description. It was posted by bodhi on another forum. I have never been wrapped up in testing because different varieties of cannabis give different effects. So a 15% thc sativa plant and a 15% thc indica plant will smoke completely different. I just know its important to shanti for us to test these as they are looking for a 1/1 ratio of thc/cbd. Thanks for contributing tho I do appreciate all experiences or opinions.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:18 AM

I think the home testing kits are like litmus papers;
you know,the old-old school way to test solutions for pH balance.

oof,I almost fell off my dinosaur
Old 05-19-2013, 05:04 PM

Default Have a good grow and,some fun.

Just wanted to drop in on a fellow cbd3 grower and,let you know im hoping for a GREAT GROW for you and,yours.

I was kind of opposite of yourself in that i WAS HOPING AND,PRAYING TO BE CHOSEN FOR CBD TESTING.
Due to medical issues in my family,im hoping THIS IS MY GRAIL.
I am vegging under a 400 watt blue metal halide myself. So far with good results.
I will stop in later,to see if i can learn and,share anything. SMOKIE.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:53 AM

Hey Smokie. Thanks for the well wishes!! I hope these are the grail for you!! I'm getting excited to start these. I've been weeding out keepers and will be putting them in paper towel in 7 days. That's when the real fun will start.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:14 AM

Smile Hi FellowGrowers - CBD#3 Test Grow

Another CBD3 Upstart Wishing Plentiful Grows And A Full Medicine Cabinet
JKP - CBD#3 Tester - 2013