Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 01:33 AM

Default How do u germ your MNS seeds?

I've recently sprung some bad luck regarding germination of Medman and G-13 Skunk from Seedboutique...after about 6 days in the soil on the G-13's and 10 days after the Medi i've had not a sprout...have some back up beans that i ordered just incase (Nirvana White Rhino-i know it was wrong to purchase them but they were so cheap and i hear they're also highly medicinal but i did purchase Medman also so please don't hate )...the WR are going strong but no luck with my MNS seeds and i've only got a few left, how do u germinate your MNS seeds...i presoak for 24hrs, then put directly in soil under a small t5 cfl system for warmth, any idea's where i'm going wrong...also does any1 scuff their seeds as its helpful with some beans with extra thich healthy shells...i contacted Shanti but until then any help? Much thanks
Old 05-11-2008, 02:01 AM
Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd420 View Post
I've recently sprung some bad luck regarding germination of Medman and G-13 Skunk from Seedboutique...after about 6 days in the soil on the G-13's and 10 days after the Medi i've had not a sprout...have some back up beans that i ordered just incase (Nirvana White Rhino-i know it was wrong to purchase them but they were so cheap and i hear they're also highly medicinal but i did purchase Medman also so please don't hate )...the WR are going strong but no luck with my MNS seeds and i've only got a few left, how do u germinate your MNS seeds...i presoak for 24hrs, then put directly in soil under a small t5 cfl system for warmth, any idea's where i'm going wrong...also does any1 scuff their seeds as its helpful with some beans with extra thich healthy shells...i contacted Shanti but until then any help? Much thanks
hi man,
it sounds like your doing it right,
do you know if the seeds are getting cold at night?
they need about 82 degrees constant until they root well.
any cool nights can cause the seeds to stall or even die.

peace
Old 05-11-2008, 02:23 AM

temps are continual as i vegetate and grow seedlings under 24/7 lighting so the atmosphere/environment is always monitored and stable...temps are about 76-78 so maybe i should raise them a bit by lowering the light a lil...maybe i'm just impatient but we'll see what happens..thanks for the input scorpion

Card carrying medical marijuana patient...any and all cannabis is for PERSONAL medical use!
Old 05-11-2008, 02:39 AM
Scorpion

try useing a heat mat under the seeds ,
it is more consistant than a light from above.

peace
Old 05-11-2008, 03:19 AM

hey SBD
i use a very similar set up with individual 26w cfl's (4 to a light) and keep my temps around 75F...have u kept the medium moist and also how warm does your hand feel when u put it near the medium, is it comfortable, hot, cool...make sure your taking temps at the medium and like scorpion said a heating mat helps...mine usually sprout within 3-5days max but i recently had a few germ troubles myself so if all fails contact Shanti, everything sounds right so i hope all works out, God Bless
C-101
Old 05-11-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
try useing a heat mat under the seeds ,
it is more consistant than a light from above.

peace
thanks scorpion, but i don't know if the mat will help as the medium is happy frog in 20oz foam cups so i don't think the heat will travel 8-10in. but i did lower the light a bit for a lil extra warmth, kept it comfortable like curious had said but a bit warmer...keeping my fingers crossed, no reply yet from Shanti but i'm sure he's busy taking care of the plants, etc. and will get around to it...thanks for the advice all

Card carrying medical marijuana patient...any and all cannabis is for PERSONAL medical use!
Old 05-12-2008, 12:18 AM

I just use the wet paper towel method but instead of placing them in a drawer or shelf e.t.c i put them in the cupboard where the water boiler is, it's really dark and warm 24/7 due to the heat from the boiler, usually 24-48 hours later they're on their way, i think the longest any took was 3 days doing it this way with Shanti's beans, so far i've only had 1 seed that never popped, only ever had probs with Sensi's NL5xHaze - 3 cracked with 1 of those taking 9 days

Peace
Herb
Old 05-12-2008, 01:23 AM

I pre-soak for 24 hours also, then plant directly into pre-moistened soilless mix (pro-mix HP) Temps here are great for germinating, a steady 80F
I planted a pack of Critical Mass last Wednesday, was 16 seeds in the pack.
11 germinated 3 days later (yesterday), another 3 germinated today, so 14 out of 16 in 4 days. Still watching the other 2. Gotta begin a grow thread soon.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:39 PM

I usually soak seeds in water until tap root shows and then into the soil they go.Place them in a humidity dome with a T5 light fixture over them and a heating pad under the humidity tray.If they are "hard to crack" beanz then I'll add a bit od h2o2 to the soaking water or GENTELY squeeze the bean till it LIGHTLY "pops".
Old 05-13-2008, 11:53 PM

when it comes to seed germination i guess the saying "to each his/her own" is a very good fitting...thanks for all the replies every1 and this thread should be helpful for everyone curious about germination but to stoned to ask...lol thanks again all