View Poll Results: Best Strain for Pain Management
Medicine Man 12 48.00%
G-13/Widow 7 28.00%
Other-please specify 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 08:44 PM

Default Shanti and community: Which is more medicinal? Med Man or G-13/widow

well i've been dealing with chronic back pain for over two years...chiropractor visits, x-rays, and now possible talks of surgery in order to make pain more managable...all this i find very disatisfying as i'm only 21 and have a great deal of life left and would like to enjoy it to the best of my ability while still managing my pain...vicodin, percecet all make my stomach very sick resulting in loss of appetite and occasional vomitting...Now i know the Med-Man is proven to help many in pain management but the g-13/widow seems appealing in the statement "immediate effect" which i would imagine would be helpful with pain management...in your experience what's the best strain for pain management? I'm gonna purchase two packs of the particular strain and find some mothers...thanks in advance to Shanti and community for responses
Old 01-25-2008, 10:19 PM

ok so whats the other vote for...if u pick another strain could u please put a response below of what the strain is and a brief description why...thanks all
Old 01-25-2008, 10:33 PM

Smile

High man ,

Each to their own I think mate, what helps some might not help others in the same way,you know what I mean

I had a bushweed tastin superskunk x sativa male(unknown) that put any pain to sleep pronto,the G13wid I ran has got med potential without Q

But like I said what might help one might not help another.

peace.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:41 PM

I d go with med man,
I ve heard many things about its medicinal qualities but you can also try so other Afghani crosses as well , I find quite many Afghan (dominant) based hybrids will have good medicinal properties/great for pain relief.But like Red said it depends on the person.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:34 PM

well the mr. nice strains that got the afghan dominance seem to be Med. Man, Critical Mass and G-13/Widow...g-13 has some afghan heritage if i've read the Mr. Nice forum correctly...Critical Mass produces a lot and i'm now wondering if that should have veen added to the poll cuz it contains a great deal of afghan...very tuff call
Old 01-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Scorpion

hey curious, I think you are focusing on the genectics rather than the effect.

if i wanted a pain killer type,i would try a heavy skunk,the kind that gives you the giggles,as pain is closely associated with emotions as well as physical ailments.
G13skunk,,,with a good selection for effect,not necessarily yield.
my B clone is like doing a prescription Rx like valium...very sedative and relaxing,makes very excellent hash too.

basically your gonna have to grow it to know if its what you like...
some drink wine,some drink tequila,some like old scotch...
same with cannabis...you need to find what you like...
get you a couple packs of Dream Time from shantibaba...do some selection
its an indoor mix and variation for selection could be alot of fun too.

good luck with your choices

peace
Old 01-26-2008, 02:20 AM

can't wait to get a reply from Shanti if he has the time...i'm sure many have told him over the years this or that has worked best...but i think scorpion u added a good point i've begun to consider...i have some shark shock which would be a very giggly buzz i'd imagine and may help the pain...have a pack of dreamtime and may crack a few...really looking at Med Man, G-13widow or skunk, Afghan Haze and Critical Mass...dreamtime would probably have a something special inside but i need something a lil dependable...gonna place an order soon so keep em coming...leaning towards one of the g-13 mixes, med-man and critical mass...i think the critical mass could be a gold mine cuz afghani has always helped but i need something with a lil more zip to it so unsure about the CM...Med Man seems a proven champ...the g-13 mixes seem like selection is key which kinda puts them out of the question...so i'd say either Med Man, CM, or Afghan Haze
Old 01-26-2008, 04:39 PM

got some Shark Shock jumping outta the soil today...with a few Dreamtime beans being preped for deployment cuz of Scorpion's great point...lets see what happens both Shark Shock and Dreamtime may surprise me in the pain department...i'm gonna just try a bunch of strains to find what works...right now my best pain meds are from Nirvana-Aurora Indica taken to 70days...gets rid of the pain but a lil hard to function
Old 07-02-2008, 02:22 AM

lil update, my G-13/Skunks are now at day 43 (since flowers appeared) or about 57days of 12/12...i have one very indica pheno that when flowered at 12 inches topped out only at 14in. so the yields not the largest but its very close to being finished and seems almost pure indica in structure with 2 solid 9in. cola's...my other lucky lady is about 24inches tall (flowered at 12) and tho more sativa dominant in the stretch has very large cola's with popcorn buds everywhere...i even switched from a 400w hps to a 600w a few weeks ago and the G-13/Sk showed absolutely no shock at all but rather responded well with some serious weight increases within the last 10days...these plants are stickier at day 43 than most of the plants i've harvested at day 70...not one bad thing i can say at this point about the G-13's, they grow themselves and have EXTREME resin production...didn't take clones but i plan to reveg the indica dominat pheno as its very very close to the pic of the G13clone on the MNS site...great work Shanti
Old 07-17-2008, 10:56 PM

for pain relief I'd say selection/variety is more important than anything

with me I get a tolerance every 3-5 days if I smoke the same strain constantly.