Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 10:44 PM

Wink what is modern west coast kush ?

would like to hear opinions on what people think, in terms of parentage of the OG, Purple, Bubba, Master, etc... what was it from really ? what was the chicken b4 the egg ? did Nevil, or Shanti have anything in the day that was similar to today's popular west coast / cali kush kinds ? it certainly has made a glorious comeback if indeed its simply some old school afghan/pak type from the 70's/80's
Old 01-20-2011, 11:08 PM

I would like to know this too, as it seems that really good growers in medical states are burdened by the generic expectation that they sell/grow "kush". Honestly, does no one know of Haze except for the connoisseurs scattered among the earth? Why do people want "kush" and "og kush"? The kush I have tried was relaxing, but foggy, and it was an elite cut and was well grown. nothing like a good SSH.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:31 PM

don't want this thread to go in the direction of "what's with the modern west coast kush phenomenon ", but rather what/when/where did these "kush" cuttings come from ? loads from afghanistan/pakistan in the 70's ? or the mass super skunk/lemon thai, etc story or whatever the heck they say OG is...
Old 01-21-2011, 12:00 AM

someone will surely tell the story of the two schmucks that found magic seeds in a bag they bought at a dead concert, purportedly the origination of the ogkush/chemd mania. peace-biteme
Old 01-21-2011, 08:36 AM

Seems like these strains have similar sour/soapy taste, my guess is silver haze or silver haze crossed with a local strain. I'm smoking chemdawg right now and there almost has to be some haze in this, has that slight eggshell/sweat/sour/slight skunk taste. Isn't og kush a pheno of chemdawg? The old west coast strains always seemed to taste earthy. These newer strains weren't around back in the day(as far as I know), and don't remind me of afghani or pakistan whatsoever.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:37 AM

Default Pop Culture or is it Pot Culture?

Even though true Kush is some very potent stuff and nice to smoke for relaxation/pain relief...I am dissapointed that a lot of folks think it is the bee's knees of the cannabis world. Kush is such a buzz word that just about any good indica seems to get this tag because people eat it up. I'm sure that Nevil could share some great historical info on "true Kush" if he has time. Personally I enjoy more mentally stimulating highs found in strains like Mango Haze. Peace, Hop Head
Old 01-21-2011, 01:32 PM

heard the bagseed deadshow story, but what was the clone that hermied and selfed ? where did it come from ? large indoor grows up in BC, growing "hashplants" ?
Old 01-21-2011, 02:12 PM

All kind Indica's get hit with the "kush" title. In my town what I'm pretty sure is romulan gets sold as "grape kush". A lot if ignint commercial dealer types like to brag that they only smoke/sell "kush".

I've been seeing the same thing with "Haze" as well btw. Anything with a loose bud structure and vaguely uplifting effect is being sold as "Haze". I've seen semi-sativa phenos of what I suspect is the Shark being sold as Haze by quite a few people in the last year or so.

O.G kush is the most popular and expensive commercial bud around here though,with sour D trailing a fair way back in second place. The O.G I'm pretty sure is the real deal, it has been around for a good four/five years now. If it isn't the "real deal" than the guys at reserva privada et. all do a damn good job with their clone reversals because it is just like the "real, real deal" from the west coast I have had the pleasure of sampling.

Anyways, everyone knows that the o.g is some multihybrid and not a "true" indica. It is very relaxing but not really tiring, which is my number one smoke criteria.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:54 PM

well i'm out on the NorthEast coast and can say the Kush or Haze craze has thankfully not taken over...in my State i've seen cuttings of Northern Lights, Afghan, KC33, Juicy Fruit, BubGum, Rhino and Blueberry...i'm sure that the NL and Afghan could be named Kush, an old friend had the strongest clones i've ever tried and the NL or Afghan was hands down a real winner in terms of very high potency/yield/flavor...when i hear Kush online i just replace with the word Afghani as thats what it really is generally, an Afghani IBL or hybrid
Old 01-21-2011, 03:09 PM

these guys are hunting the kush, dogthebountyhunter when you can tell them about kc33? if this is the right kc33? there is a particular pheno which i once had years ago outdoors out of a pack of kcbrains seed that is absolutely stellar in all regards. thinking of this one today makes me excited and i catch myself stuttering. lol. and i have never seen this one since that time. i cannot tell you how many packs of kc33 i have gone through since then looking for this gal and i will try again this season. germination is always a question with this one and it is compounded by the fact that only one or two females per pack is the rule? peace-biteme