Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 01:09 AM
Breeder

Default Grail: The Ultimate Haze Hybrid

I've decided to start a new thread. It's a subject close to the hearts of many growers/breeders. It's something we need to take action on, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. We need to put aside our prejudices and ego's in this quest. It's all about the end result.

I'll give you my understanding of how to work with this variety.

As I said before, I got a total of 7 plants from the original seed stock. They were all different. The Original female (the one that I didn't keep a clone of) and Haze male A, may have been siblings, but just as likely not. Yet there was a common Haze like thread among all of them. This tells me that there was likely no pure haze among them. Haze did not improve when put back to itself as I was told and later discovered. People who think that B.C. is the hope for the future ( if it can be resurrected) are likely to be disappointed. A NL5xHzA would be the best mate for it to test this out. Haze males A+C were at best half brothers, but certainly shared a common ancestor, so my guess is that the inbreeding co-efficient to the haze ancestor in Nevil's Haze is at most 37.5%.
So if we want to go back to a Haze hybrid, we are looking for one not directly related to A or C. So don't talk to me about S.S.H. or Jack Herrer or Diesel or Sage (all the same plant). Double up HzC! I'm not saying that excellent plants can't be produced from inbreeding what we have, but we are going for the Ultimate (Grail). If anybody pinches this name I'll be pissed off.
This should start the ball rolling, I'll continue later.
N.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:31 AM

Your ex-partner got the name already -

Arjan's Ultimate Haze

Edit - he used "Ultra" , sorry bout that
Old 08-20-2010, 01:44 AM

There is a strain "Holy Grail" according to Google, too close?
Old 08-20-2010, 01:48 AM

and that is because there is only one grail, no ifs, ands or buts.

but how does one go about this? and excuse me as i readily admit to being in the dark as to the process, but at the same time literate and educated beyond normal reason so i do understand if i read it through, irrespective of the material. peace-biteme
Old 08-20-2010, 01:54 AM

Well, I am full of hopes. The Haze hybrids are the favorites of me and my small circle of growers. The one has been keeping a SSH cut alive since the mid-90's.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:59 AM
hempy

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Last edited by hempy; 10-03-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:01 AM

Seeing is believing and it's hard to not want to grow the almost mythical Haze B x Haze C. Like you implied, it appears that we need fresh genetics if we're to find something that will lead us to the "Grail".

So, where haven't Haze genes come from? Mexico, Thailand, Jamaica, and India (please forgive me if I'm missing one or more) all seem to be countries whose landraces have contributed to current Hazes. Surely there must be some place with a landrace that hasn't been found yet or worked enough.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:07 AM
hempy

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Last edited by hempy; 10-03-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:26 AM

Did a bunch of posts just disappear?
Old 08-20-2010, 02:31 AM

Default re;haze grail

Hi Nevil,how are you,by my undrstanding of what you are saying,within the haze ,genetics you obtained,there is a certain part of it,s ancestry that "shines" when it comes through,and that is what you experianced working with the a&c fathers,but there is not a high percentage of this inbred into the haze a/c lines?
So basicly,we need to find seeds containing these original genetics,search through,indentify and select for these traits,and work from there,for the"GRAIL".
I am wondering how one would go about tracking down these seeds? as you were saying,i think some diffrences need to be set aside amongst certain breeders,to make this happen,wich could be done!
anyway,I have a dream,the "Grail"
peace all,sensient

Last edited by sensient; 08-20-2010 at 02:32 AM. Reason: spelling
Closed Thread