Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 02:47 AM

Hey Nev. what male was used in the making of NL5 x Haze that you sold when you worked at Sensi and what is the make up of thier Silver haze is it the same as Jack Herer? Do you still have any. What kind of smells were you getting from the Thai back then and could you describe the smells of the pure hazes and crosses you have made over the years. I have been looking for Leather, Incense, Frankincense, Sandlewood, catpiss, spicy, pepper, . Also do you have any of the NL 5 x Haze A seeds left?

Last edited by sailerjerry; 08-20-2010 at 03:24 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:54 AM
hempy

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Last edited by hempy; 10-03-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:31 AM

Do you think it would be worth feminizing your NL 5 x C?, or is it pointless in your mind? Seems like NL 5 x A is what im looking for but anything you release is a grail in my mind its the only hazes worth growing.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:29 AM

A Nev, and Shanti Thai/Haze sounds like The Grail to me. A reworking of Haze worth carrying the name! I think the time is right and there are plenty of us out there with the patience, knowledge, and interest to work with long flowering Tropical Sativas.

Has any one here worked much with the Meao Thai line that Ace Seeds has been using for there Thai Hybrids?

I almost hate to ask but what are your thoughts on Tom Hill Haze? Do you think it is related to your Haze line?

If you need testers let me know where the line starts!
Old 08-20-2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailerjerry View Post
Hey Nev. what male was used in the making of NL5 x Haze that you sold when you worked at Sensi and what is the make up of thier Silver haze is it the same as Jack Herer? Do you still have any. What kind of smells were you getting from the Thai back then and could you describe the smells of the pure hazes and crosses you have made over the years. I have been looking for Leather, Incense, Frankincense, Sandlewood, catpiss, spicy, pepper, . Also do you have any of the NL 5 x Haze A seeds left?
Damn dude you sound just like bigherb! I had a laugh thinking it was him before I read the name.

Nevil, this project sounds awesome.

I really like how you are thinking of crossing out to the ancestry of haze to find the traits you want. There has been some writing on the internet about Australian sativas like mullumbimby madness, old mother sativa, and the hunter valley strain. Are these the sort of plants that would be worth looking into to find the oldschool thai traits? Kangativa is working with some massive sativas in australia, I think he has a thread on this very forum.

I am also wondering if you have ever tried any of the other haze lines that are still hanging around, such as the oldtimer1 haze offered by Ace, or Tom Hills haze?
Old 08-20-2010, 05:51 AM

The haze A is still alive in seed form?
Thats interesting scour oz instead of thailand for thai.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:22 AM

If this is a dumb question, please forgive my ignorance:

Where does Johnny Blaze fit into this 'grail' family tree?
JB = Ape? Neanderthal? Homosapien? Alien?

Is Haze and Thai a cross that is delving into uncharted territory?
Or is this something that just hasn't been done 'right' enough yet?
Old 08-20-2010, 06:41 AM
Scorpion

Hi Nevil,
Does the plant candidate need to be an unrelated to {A/C} Haze male or can you achieve this threw a Haze Female side ?

I am assuming that NL5C is your female of choice and are looking to click
with an appropriate Thai Male?

lets go to Pataya Beach and search...LOL
Id love to go back.
we may not find it,but we would have a blast looking.

peace
scorpion
Old 08-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Breeder

I'm looking for something that is not descended from A or C, but still Haze or Haze like.
I want to use a N.H. male.
I got a feeling that I'd be looking in all the wrong places in Pataya.
N.

Last edited by Nevil; 08-20-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:06 AM

Nevil do you think that the 5HzC was so good because the NL ALSO has a strong Thai ancestry? I have a 20+ year old NL1 from The Seed Bank that has a very Thai appearance despite its very couchlock indica effect. I was always under the impression that the NL#1 was too stretchy for a pure indica, my experience with the NL#5 is less extensive perhaps it too has a strong Thai background and is less indica then its effect would lead us to believe.?