Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 05:27 AM

Default chemdog

hello everyone...
i was wonderin if i could get yalls opinion on the Chemdog line, and by extension og kush and sour d...

i personally didnt go out and buy all these lines cuz i bought into the hype... i love MR NICE weed and my recent testing of quite a few dispensaries here in calis weed has pretty much proved MR NICE is the way to go...

none the less, here in california, people are woefully ignorant when it comes to weed, atleast the majority of medi users and reg users, who almost seem like their lack of knowledge about bud is brought on due to simply not caring...

but none the less, the commercial success strains here are first and foremost
og kush(u dont even have to name the type.... larry tahoe raskal etc., just simply say og kush and thats all u need to sell it.... i also saw an ortega og being offered the other day)
chemdawg(doesnt matter which one)
sour diesel

people will buy these simply because they heard a rapper mention og kush.

now my question is, how do yall, here at MNS, feel about the chem, og and sour d lines?
i value the opinions of the growers here at MNS more than anyone else, and i would really like to know if these lines are worth working with long term(past using them to create some commercial product for medical patients), and perhaps for breeding even?
do yall like these lines? are they on par with shantis stuff? i have enjoyed the sour d thoroughly, when grown well,
but i must say except for the occasional exceptional sample, i am not overly impressed with og kushs
but do yall like these strains? and how well do they stand up against shantis stuff?
thanks for the help guys
Old 06-18-2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc225 View Post
hello everyone...
i was wonderin if i could get yalls opinion on the Chemdog line, and by extension og kush and sour d...

i personally didnt go out and buy all these lines cuz i bought into the hype... i love MR NICE weed and my recent testing of quite a few dispensaries here in calis weed has pretty much proved MR NICE is the way to go...

none the less, here in california, people are woefully ignorant when it comes to weed, atleast the majority of medi users and reg users, who almost seem like their lack of knowledge about bud is brought on due to simply not caring...

but none the less, the commercial success strains here are first and foremost
og kush(u dont even have to name the type.... larry tahoe raskal etc., just simply say og kush and thats all u need to sell it.... i also saw an ortega og being offered the other day)
chemdawg(doesnt matter which one)
sour diesel

people will buy these simply because they heard a rapper mention og kush.

now my question is, how do yall, here at MNS, feel about the chem, og and sour d lines?
i value the opinions of the growers here at MNS more than anyone else, and i would really like to know if these lines are worth working with long term(past using them to create some commercial product for medical patients), and perhaps for breeding even?
do yall like these lines? are they on par with shantis stuff? i have enjoyed the sour d thoroughly, when grown well,
but i must say except for the occasional exceptional sample, i am not overly impressed with og kushs
but do yall like these strains? and how well do they stand up against shantis stuff?
thanks for the help guys
While in Oregon back in 2004 helping as a caregiver i had an opportunity to try the chem line and it was ok...but did not make it as one of our mothers for our patients...i didnt buy into the hype...at the OMMA jack herer and eddy lepp smoked our entry (malawi mother x (skunk x honeydew humbolt indica father) and said it was the best entry there, even though it didnt win (got the most tens as a rating but 2 bozos gave it low scores to ruined our chances might have been too strong?)

Last edited by catalyst; 06-18-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:38 AM

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents as someone who uses these strains medically. Sour diesel when grown right is absolutely one of the only strains I have to have in my garden (along with at least one of the widow family). Between these two strains and the SSH i could completely control my sickness (Crohn's/Celiac's disease interrelated). I would have to agree with you in general about the OG Kush though, many of the samples I've tried have not overly impressed me, with the exception of the SFV clone(have also heard good things about the abusive cut, though I havent tried it). Chemdog D is a great super potent indica and Chem 4 isn't far behind it, but I have only tried samples of these as well, SD is the only one I grow.

I would agree in general that people tend to overrate these types, but IMHO its more the way people act like they are so much more potent than anything else that is overrated. To me they are special because of the type of effect I feel. When I am having intestinal spasms SD can make it so I don't even feel them, instead of being miserable I can be happy and relaxed. There's something especially pleasant about them for sure.

Just wanted to say so, cause as a patient it changed my life the first time I was in upstate NY and someone handed me a joint of "diesel". I literally spent the next two years tracking down SD
Old 06-18-2010, 01:58 PM
bigherb

IMO

they are definetly over hyped ,but surely hav there place as high grade meds

IME sour d from nyc is delicious stoney herb ,huge nugs of fat greasy calyxes dark green/brown golden inside,taste was lime skittles ,sour,skunky,fuel that just lingers in your mouth for hours ,also if grown right can be abit narcotic,quite a few years back this was all i was smokin ,doesnt build a tolereance as quick as the kushes ive experienced ,with many verisons/wannabes we still see som sour d but its only 1/4 as impressive as wat i remember,also the sours seems to be quite the yielder and can handle nutrients well

kush same story but never impressed me as much as sour d IME,many verisons but the quality we see now is also 1/4 as wat first hit lol,id hav to say that i always felt i built a tolerance alot quicker too the kush as oppose to sour d ,which was a turn off ,but the flavors or effects were never as desirable imo

just had me reminese for a few ,hope this helps abit

1luvbigherb
Old 06-18-2010, 02:31 PM

Default True NYC Diesel

Hey All,
I grow several chem cuts.Chem D is a delicious stoney tasty weed done in 65 days.BIG yielder too.
ECSD is best grown outdoors imo.Indoors unless taken to 70 days and given a goo long cure , her legs can be a little short.Outdoors shesa different beast...STONEY!!
I was fortunate enough to have a regular connect to the true original NYC Sour D.The good NYC D was very sour and much more grapefruity than whats out there today imo.Buds were made up of big pea sized calyxes with purple tinge to them.
The real D was also so stinky it had to be doubleturkey bagged and then sealed before even considering going into public with it on your person..
There was guy in Brooklyn that grew it the best.Unfortunatel he retired.His son took over the cut but I haven't seen the same quality in years..peace
Old 06-18-2010, 04:27 PM

Its said that chem dog is only good it if it is grown with chemical ferts...what is that all about?
Old 06-18-2010, 04:41 PM
bigherb

Quote:
Originally Posted by budluver View Post
Hey All,
I grow several chem cuts.Chem D is a delicious stoney tasty weed done in 65 days.BIG yielder too.
ECSD is best grown outdoors imo.Indoors unless taken to 70 days and given a goo long cure , her legs can be a little short.Outdoors shesa different beast...STONEY!!
I was fortunate enough to have a regular connect to the true original NYC Sour D.The good NYC D was very sour and much more grapefruity than whats out there today imo.Buds were made up of big pea sized calyxes with purple tinge to them.
The real D was also so stinky it had to be doubleturkey bagged and then sealed before even considering going into public with it on your person..
There was guy in Brooklyn that grew it the best.Unfortunatel he retired.His son took over the cut but I haven't seen the same quality in years..peace
BK /turkey bags /not the same as bout 4 years ago LOL

i think you kno my man

1luvbigherb
Old 06-19-2010, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalyst View Post
Its said that chem dog is only good it if it is grown with chemical ferts...what is that all about?
I've never heard this, the father of chemdog grows it organically or so he claims in last months hightimes.

I have however heard of it referred as Chemdawg when it's grown hydroponically or using inorganic ferts and Chemdog when it's grown organically.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:37 AM

chemdawg is some of the best meds out there these days. the quality depends on the grower, but JJNYC from Top Dawg Seeds has some of the best chemdawg strains available atm ie: Super Stardawg,Double Underdawg,White Dawg. Elite Genetics Lemon Larry OG & Cali Connection SFV,Tahoe,Bubba Kush these kush strains are top shelf but once again they can turn to shit if not properly cultivated. I am blessed to have all these strains along with my Mr. Nice line
Old 06-19-2010, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnne3087 View Post
I've never heard this, the father of chemdog grows it organically or so he claims in last months hightimes.

I have however heard of it referred as Chemdawg when it's grown hydroponically or using inorganic ferts and Chemdog when it's grown organically.
Chemdog does use some non organic ferts. Especially for short stacked nodes.
But yes the chemdog & fam do need more ferts than pure organic can offer. You don't have too but it won't grow into the hype we know of.

To my knowledge the difference in spelling is really seperated due to breeders. But that is NOT to say that some breeders didn't steel a cut & call it there own. So call it what you want but you'll never know the real lineage because these have been reworked over & over to something dank but unidentifiable when it comes to parent lines.

-Smoke