Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 10:25 AM

Default Super Silver Haze/Mango Haze as related to Jack Herer

How closely are they related? If SSH and JH are both Neville creations ( I just recently read JH was a Nev creation, I had thought it came about after he left Sensi), how similar are their pedigrees? Are they recombinations of the same parents or different parents selected from the same seed-lines? Is JH closer to MH, as they both seam a little more Sativa leaning than SSH (SSH, at least for me, has had more Indica leaning offspring while still popping out some very Sat leaning plants).

They came out in the same era so it is very possible they came from the same breeding project.

I am sure it has been asked a thousand time but I would love to hear Shanti's version and his thoughts on comparison smoking/growing.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:33 AM

hi ronin

The SSH and MH are both : (NL x Haze) X (Skunk x Haze)

The parents in SSH and MH are not exactly the same though.

Now from what I know Jack Herrer is : (NL x Skunk) X Haze

So JH is similar genetics combined in a different way.

From what I ve read and understand Jack Herrer was bred by Neville before SSH.
Basically SSH was a reworked Jack Herrer .

Maybe Shanti will chime in and give more details
Old 06-14-2010, 02:18 PM

[QUOTE=L33t;52017]hi ronin

/QUOTE]

Yeah, I knew that about the SSH/MH lineage and have noticed most Jack grows I have seen tend towards Sativa dominant plants or everyone I happened upon people selected the thin leafers.

Anyone done a side by side? Anyone know what Haze was used?
Old 08-03-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t View Post
hi ronin

Now from what I know Jack Herrer is : (NL x Skunk) X Haze

So JH is similar genetics combined in a different way.

Maybe Shanti will chime in and give more details
Actually mate Jack Herer is (NL#5 x Haze) x Skunk, so 50% skunk 25% Haze, 25% NL.

What they all have in common is the NL#5 Haze parent, which many consider the best hybrid ever.

All created by Neville from ol' Gringo strains (SamS, Indian Joe, Haze Bros/BOEL etc.) sourced in Colombia, Mexico, Thailand and Afghanistan.

If soaring highs are your thing - then perhaps Jack is a watered down version of Mango and SS Haze
Old 08-03-2010, 01:13 AM
bigherb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushweed View Post
Actually mate Jack Herer is (NL#5 x Haze) x Skunk, so 50% skunk 25% Haze, 25% NL.

What they all have in common is the NL#5 Haze parent, which many consider the best hybrid ever.

All created by Neville from ol' Gringo strains (SamS, Indian Joe, Haze Bros/BOEL etc.) sourced in Colombia, Mexico, Thailand and Afghanistan.

If soaring highs are your thing - then perhaps Jack is a watered down version of Mango and SS Haze
Quote:
i dont agree with that statement ,jack herer is nevilles work from i believe 95 and thought by some to be of the highest order

as unc stated

Quote:

Quote:

What they all have in common is the NL#5 Haze parent, which many consider the best hybrid ever

im curious as too who told you this or where this info comes fom cause i believe this is a first ,i dont believe nl5haze was used it's thought that JH is a 50 percent haze hybrid soo it doesnt seem soo,i dont believe the exact lineage has ever been released nor has the haze parent ,i always thought jack herrer to contain nl#5 sk female with a haze C male although it would be very interesting if this was another haze hybrid containing the haze B female,since it seems haze A male was lost long ago

1luvbigherb
Old 08-03-2010, 08:07 AM

Apologies....I don't in fact know where that info came from
but I'm pretty intuitive, does that count

Perhaps I've started beleiving my own bullshit. Thanks for pulling me up.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:07 AM

I read a post as well that NHS is same genetics as JH nl5/hazexskunk.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:50 PM

from what i read the ssb jack heerer is haze x (nl5 x shivaskunk):
http://fr.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/...r/Sensi_Seeds/

Quote:
High Times tells about the lineage:
While Sensi say the exact lineage is a closely-guarded secret, it is accepted that Jack Herer is a 3-way hybrid of Skunk #1, Northern Lights #5 and Haze. The precise lineage is probably Haze x [Northern Lights #5 x (Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1)] which suggests that Sensi began by selecting a male from their NL5 x SK1 seedline (AKA Shiva Skunk) and backcrossing him to the NL5 female cutting. As Sensi purchased Neville's breeding plants, they had both the Haze A and C males, so it is likely that they then chose a female NL5 x (NL5xSK1) plant and pollinated it with one of the Haze males to create Jack Herer., this would make Jack 50% Haze, 37.5% NL5 and 12.5% SK1. This gives Jack Herer a similar composition to Super Silver Haze and Mango Haze which are 50% Haze, 25% NL5 and 25% SK1.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxnox View Post
High Times tells about the lineage:
While Sensi say the exact lineage is a closely-guarded secret, it is accepted that Jack Herer is a 3-way hybrid of Skunk #1, Northern Lights #5 and Haze. The precise lineage is probably Haze x [Northern Lights #5 x (Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1)] which suggests that Sensi began by selecting a male from their NL5 x SK1 seedline (AKA Shiva Skunk) and backcrossing him to the NL5 female cutting. As Sensi purchased Neville's breeding plants, they had both the Haze A and C males, so it is likely that they then chose a female NL5 x (NL5xSK1) plant and pollinated it with one of the Haze males to create Jack Herer., this would make Jack 50% Haze, 37.5% NL5 and 12.5% SK1. This gives Jack Herer a similar composition to Super Silver Haze and Mango Haze which are 50% Haze, 25% NL5 and 25% SK1.
Based on the wording it seems like everything past it being a 3-way hybrid is guesswork on high times part, is it not?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:54 PM

I thought of Jack Herrer when I read about tha HazeAC Male. I would like to think of The Doors as a super duper Shanti remake of Herrer.