Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 4. Talk to Shantibaba and MrNice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 09:59 PM
shamazar

So what is your opinion about that Jesse ?
Old 01-21-2010, 02:03 AM

Default Thanks JessE for starting this thread.

The historical record from members on this forum is priceless. Certainly, the answers outweigh the rhetorical questions. Thanks to all for a great read.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:39 AM
JessE

Hi all,
Below is an excerpt from the previous page in which it was discussed that that Dutch government officials were asking many questions about the arrest of Sam Skunkman in America. And as you can see below, the Skunk man denies similar claims made by NDF.

As others have found, there exist a language barrier with a great deal of the information presented so far and the online translation websites often give different interpretations of the same text. The link below is to another Dutch website in which the arrest of Sam the Skunk man in Santa Cruz, California is discussed. At issue seems to be the fact the Skunk man wishes to have his name stricken from the court records with his lawyers best argument being, "There has been no trial, and therefore no condemnation." (quote based off of Google translation).

http://www.trouw.nl/krantenarchief/1...asmachine.html

And what is seemingly turning out to be a common theme in the major players of Hortapharm/Cultivators Choice history, the Skunk man is claiming to have been nowhere near Santa Cruz, California on the day of the arrest.
Quote:
"I was the day of the arrest not even in Santa Cruz, but in the Netherlands", Watson's comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkha

A member of this forum has provided a translated link to Dutch Parliamentary discussions privately to me. The information states that Sam was arrested in the U.S. (presumptly) with the charge of: cultivation for sale purposes. Though this information is not a 'smoking gun' for anything nefarious 'on its face', it does show gaps in credibility.

Last edited by JessE; 01-22-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:51 AM
JessE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkha

A member of this forum has provided a translated link to Dutch Parliamentary discussions privately to me. The information states that Sam was arrested in the U.S. (presumptly) with the charge of: cultivation for sale purposes. Though this information is not a 'smoking gun' for anything nefarious 'on its face', it does show gaps in credibility.
This information Skunkha is mentioning is from the 'ikreeger document' which can be found below.

http://ikregeer.nl/document/KVR5951

Quote:
Originally posted by Shantibaba
Hi All

listen as it is a touchy topic depending upon the side of the water you are on, let`s call it a difference of opinion based on similar evidence. The point to all of this is that certain things are documented well and have been covered in Holland by a radio program that authenticated their facts before going to air. Make of it what you wish to believe and let`s be civilised in discussion or remain silent. I do not wish to begin to tell off people or ban them so please do not make me start....all the best Sb

Quote:

Sam and Nevil use to work a bit on strains together but when it was revealed that Sam and his crew of Americans in Holland all were part of informants for the DEA in America on a radio program in Holland they split to the UK to do other things. Sam never started or owned a seed company so his claim to all the strains that became famous years ago are not really warranted.
http://www.enjoint.info/?p=504

Last edited by JessE; 01-22-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:17 AM
JessE

Upon contacting VPRO Argos, below is a very basic summary of the facts surrounding the VPRO Argos broadcast that is mentioned in the Dutch Parliamentary records which also spurred a wave of interest in the Dutch media.

Last edited by JessE; 01-22-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:32 AM

He says there, did you receive the broadcast already? Then where is it?
Old 01-22-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessE View Post
Hi Namaskar,
Thank you for this contribution below, as Ive mentioned before its amazing what one can find with a little bit of research.
JessE, no thanks at all.

What me worries today that patients in general who have benefits from marijuana to relieve their illness are forced not to grown their own medicine, but have to buy it at the local pharmacy for a huge price.(e.g.$125 for a vial Sativex)
Quote:
According to Bayer Canada, the cost of Sativex per vial is $124.95 (base price). Each vial contains approximately 51 sprays. The average dose per day is five sprays at an average cost of $12.25 per day. Based on this dosage, the base cost would be approximately $4,475 (the retail cost will be more depending upon pharmacy dispensing fees and other factors). Since the dosage is variable, to a maximum of 14 sprays per day, costs would increase or decrease accordingly.
New Jersey has legislate medical marijuana only for several diseases but patients are not allowed to grown their own.This is the same situation which you have right now in Holland for medical marijuana.Sure you can grow 5 plants in Holland, but the police can take them away for any reason without a fine and there goes your medicine.

The situation of medical marijuana in California is a nightmare for companies like GW Pharmaceuticals.You can buy for $150 a medical card after a visit of physician who prescribes you a recipe and you can grow your own medicine at home.

Quote:
Mr Watson of HortaPharm makes the same point: "Domestic users can make a contribution, but they don't know the profile of the plant they are treating themselves with. The average hashish in a coffee-shop product is 5 per cent THC. We can already make it 30 per cent. So, what are they doing to it?" He believes the bright future of the drug is contained in the greenhouses of HortaPharm and GW Pharmaceuticals - Cannabis: a year that changed minds - The Independent.
A patient can not wait for several years until there is a medicine on the market which might work for him/her and the average 5% THC he is talking about is from hashish from Morocco, but this hash has a higher % of CBD in it.
The bright future of the drug is in everybody's garden and not in the greenhouses of Hortapharm & GW Pharmaceuticals.

Thanks to breeders like Shanti & some others we have access to good genetics, so why must we dependent on companies like GW Pharmaceuticals.When you have found a strain which gives you great relieves than you have the right to grow it by yourself or with help from someone else perhaps if you cant grow your own like the situation you have in California.(perhaps not in every county)

Namaste
Old 01-23-2010, 03:19 PM

ok so let me get this straight...Sam the Skunkman is Mr Watson and he is now profiting and providing the pharm company with strains of cannabis like Widow, Haze, Skunk and Northern Lights...wow i'm quite speechless to be honest...i agree with Namaste that we should be even more greatful for MNS
Old 01-23-2010, 03:21 PM

hi JessE

thanks for the input
Indeed using free online translation services can be a real pain in the ass when trying to translate from Dutch to English..

The VPRO.nl reply on Sam in really interesting. Thanks for sharing it .
Unfortunately tho it doesn't seems to help draw definite conclusions on what Sam has actually done , as this reply does not give info on what exact case has been against him. Plus I can't help but notice that the VPRO accepts the possibility that the info about the case may be imprecise if Sam's legal name is different. On the other hand if the sheriff gave them such info it may well be valid and true..and probably is considering all the facts.

Do you know what exact bust is Sam referring to (when he said he wasn't even in the US) ? Is it the ('82) Sacred Seeds bust ?

Sam claims that he never got busted and never served a day in jail.
He also said he was the only founding member of Sacred Seeds:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php...&postcount=201

Plus he has never mentioned there were any other growers/members in S.Seeds. If noone else was a member..and the bust Sam mentions is the SSeeds bust then who did the police bust in the US since Sam was in Holland at the time as he claims ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessE View Post
At issue seems to be the fact the Skunk man wishes to have his name stricken from the court records with his lawyers best argument being, "There has been no trial, and therefore no condemnation." (quote based off of Google translation).
From other online translations and reading the actual text in Dutch using common sense, it seems that the text refers to information found on Sam in Santa Cruz Justice (dept / ministry ?) Computer records . I 'm not sure that it specifically refers to Court Records though. It could mean he has a police record/file , correct me if i 'm wrong here.

Btw from what I 've seen Sam never specifically denied having a police record and from my understanding of the US justice system having a police record does not mean that one has actually found guilty of accusations . Having simply being arrested as a suspect for something will get one a police record.

Anyway what Sam's lawyer said does not clear Sam's name...
..because multiple times suspects and people that get arrested are not taken to court and their case is overlooked if they work with the police , cooperate (as informants for instance) , and help the police with their cases.. And Sam has been accused of being a dea informant among other things.

Any more info including the actual broadcast from the VPRO would be appreciated. Its good to see more real/proper research is being conducted.
Keep it up

l33t

Last edited by L33t; 01-23-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t View Post
Do you know what exact bust is Sam referring to (when he said he wasn't even in the US) ? Is it the ('82) Sacred Seeds bust ?

Plus he has never mentioned there were any other growers/members in S.Seeds. If noone else was a member..and the bust Sam mentions is the SSeeds bust then who did the police bust in the US since Sam was in Holland at the time as he claims ?

l33t
Where did Sam claim that on '82 there was a bust? Sam went to Amsterdam on '84, right?

Last edited by joaquin386; 01-23-2010 at 10:43 PM.