Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 06:42 PM

Default Bee colony collapse disorder caused by pesticides

New studies prove connection between Imidacloprid and other neonicotinoid pesticides and bee colony collapse disorder.
The connection has long been suspected, but conclusive evidence was lacking.

Researchers recreate bee collapse with pesticide-laced corn syrup
Old 04-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkadonk View Post
New studies prove connection between Imidacloprid and other neonicotinoid pesticides and bee colony collapse disorder.
The connection has long been suspected, but conclusive evidence was lacking.

Researchers recreate bee collapse with pesticide-laced corn syrup
its been known for a long long time , but some people have lotsa "coverup" money

its a real shame

the same sorta thing happened to one of my favorite fishing spots as a kid/teen , farmers used the wrong crap and it killed the poor fishy's

was a sweet setup too , made years ago by a farmer who joined 2 ponds/small lakes together with a creek even though the ponds were a few miles appart , it was a lot of work back then (done by hand) but it gave the fish a stream to spawn in and reproduce

a real shame what we do to nature

peace

Last edited by b0b_b1tch1n; 04-07-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:42 PM

having been a bee keeper for a decade or two of my life
we have been relentlessly up against factors that would like to
and have decimated domestic bee populations
the foul broods[para, euro,american]
larval trachial mites, varoa mites

at firstit was thought cell phone waves disoriented bees
then it appeared that it might be a virulent form of nosema

there was talk of bayer insecticide

i am glad they have recreated the CCD

another thing being that no one including bees should eat high fructose corn syrup..we al ways gave the bees[up to 200 hives] back enough of their honey in the fall if they did not have enough
sugar syrup and high fructose sugar syrup is much cheaper but obviiusly affects the immune system like us...

my only worry is that the herbicide /insecticide companies may not care enough

this is good news though...beekeeping is a hard slog..you do get stung
but sometimes it is a religious experience.

thanks for the thread
Old 04-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Banned

I use Imidacloprid for my outdoor grows.
Its synthetic nicotine.
And the only thing that stoped the grasshopper hordes out here.
Is rated safe for fruits an vegies so I dont worry.

I was recomended it from an old outdoor grower who been doing it for 30+yrs called uncleben.

He also keeps bees an says its all Bull shit an doesnt kill his hives.
Just hype from folks who want to eliminate pesticide companys.

Some french study said this once before I believe an they couldnt prove it an the usa never prohibited its sale. I thought it was later determined to be mites....

Ill be using it again this year.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARHOLE View Post
I use Imidacloprid for my outdoor grows.
Its synthetic nicotine.
And the only thing that stoped the grasshopper hordes out here.
Is rated safe for fruits an vegies so I dont worry.

I was recomended it from an old outdoor grower who been doing it for 30+yrs called uncleben.

He also keeps bees an says its all Bull shit an doesnt kill his hives.
Just hype from folks who want to eliminate pesticide companys.

Some french study said this once before I believe an they couldnt prove it an the usa never prohibited its sale. I thought it was later determined to be mites....

Ill be using it again this year.
It is not bullshit. It is not "synthetic nicotine" it is a chemical pesticide with a nicotine base structure.

I am not saying using it on some pot will cause any problems although it is systemic so will be in the finished product at some level.

They use it on tobacco hops veggies etc. So you get some in your cigs, beer, grain products, fruits, veggies, lettuce, eggs, etc. Almost everything.

The problem isn't using it on a few pot plants, the problem is the mass quantities they spray on farmlands, food crops etc.

Oh, and I don't think your buddy 'uncleben' has been using it for 30 years as it only hit the market in the mid 1990's for turfgrass and ornamentals. It wasn't approved for foodcrops till the mid 2000's. Bee colony collapse disorder started happening shortly after it's use became widespread.

We need bees more than most people know.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:38 AM

Default Nicotine is Skull & Crossbones

I took my first class on pesticides in 1971 and was amazed at how toxic nicotine sulphate was considered to be getting the skull and crossbones on the label. It looks like things have not changed much with the Bayer modern versions and how it equals death in a hurry.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:22 AM

There is this theory too
Parasitic flies may be responsible for colony collapse disorder in bees, study shows | GlobalPost
Old 04-08-2012, 04:29 AM
Brick Top

Quote:
Oh, and I don't think your buddy 'uncleben' has been using it for 30 years as it only hit the market in the mid 1990's for turfgrass and ornamentals. It wasn't approved for foodcrops till the mid 2000's. Bee colony collapse disorder started happening shortly after it's use became widespread.
The stuff has been around longer than some think. It just originally came from a different manufacturer. On January 21, 1986 a patent was filed, and granted on May 3, 1988, for Imidacloprid in the United States (U.S. Pat. No. 4,742,060) by Nihon Tokushu Noyaku Seizo K.K. of Tokyo, Japan. A few years later, on March 25, 1992, Miles, Inc. (later Bayer CropScience) applied for registration of Imidacloprid for turfgrass and ornamentals in the United States. On March 10, 1994, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency approved the registration of Imidacloprid.

If it is the same Uncle Ben that I have known (online) for about 8 or 10 years now, he used to be in the nursery business, ornamentals of all sorts including various grasses. Uncle Ben couldn't have used the stuff for 30-years now, but he could have used it for roughly 24-years now.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
It is not bullshit. It is not "synthetic nicotine" it is a chemical pesticide with a nicotine base structure.

I am not saying using it on some pot will cause any problems although it is systemic so will be in the finished product at some level.

They use it on tobacco hops veggies etc. So you get some in your cigs, beer, grain products, fruits, veggies, lettuce, eggs, etc. Almost everything.

The problem isn't using it on a few pot plants, the problem is the mass quantities they spray on farmlands, food crops etc.

We need bees more than most people know.
SCARHOLE is a breeder *ss kisser .dont pay attention to her

peace
Old 04-08-2012, 06:48 AM
Banned

UB been farming an growing for 30-40 yrs..
But has used imidocloprid since it was first released as Merrit.

I didn't mean to upset Everyone.
I do agree that there are real dangers of overuse an improper disposal of herbicides an pesticides.
But I also remember seeing predictions of all frogs an bees dead from poisons.
Later they determined it was mites in bees an parasites in frogs?

And yes,I'm not cool cause I don't harass an bash breeders.

Last edited by SCARHOLE; 04-08-2012 at 12:53 PM.