Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 3. The daily news

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2018, 05:43 AM

Default Thailand to legalize?

Along with the greedy foreign parasites..

Thailand in Asia's lead to legalize weed | Asia Times

Aloha
M
Old 12-07-2018, 06:35 AM

Thailand will not lead in legalizing medical weed in east Asia though. Sri Lanka beat them to that. Also South Korea's National Assembly approved an Amendment on Nov. 23 to allow for medical marijuana. They expect the laws to be passed through the gov't process and roll out in the first half of 2019.

In Asia, legalization or decriminalization of medical marijuana is also being considered in Malaysia, Lebanon, India, Nepal and Bhutan. We are on a global roll now.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:49 AM

These petulant step-children of the U.S. Don't these vassals know that this is a schedule I drug and we will not condone this malign behavior! Bring on the sanctions! /s Aloha M
Old 12-07-2018, 04:52 PM

It will be interesting to see how marijuana cultivation evolves in Colombia and Thailand, where the native sativas are essentially extinct and the gene pool has been contaminated by WLD hybrid cultivars for 35+ years now. My hope is that preservationists can bring back the heirloom/landrace varieties to these areas in some meaningful way and turn the world on to those awesome old-school sativa highs. I'm afraid 90% + of the production will be hybrids though.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:44 PM

One of my good buddies is from Thailand and has quite the extended family there.
I've been over a few times and can only say that they are gracious hosts and the food is sublime.
I can also say that pure thai sativa's still grow there and are used in *some* religious ceremonies (well not really religious, perhaps traditional might be a better wording?).

There is no need for concern.
If it gets legalized I know for a fact that there won't be many hybrids grown....it would be sacreligeous or seen as betraying tradition and history.
Thai people are all about tradition, family, history, etc
I also know that with the high humidity and temps, let alone the near equatorial sun hours that hybrids and indicas would be for shit there.
Yes I know that indoor grows would mitigate those factors.....but outdoor direct in soil shames any indoor plant ever grown.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:20 PM

This is all supposition about sourcing weed from places like Thailand and Lebanon. We are not going back to the 1960/1970s weed model. We are going toward HUGE facilities growing specialized hybrids in factories owned by the likes of Altria (Marlboro), GW Pharma/Bayer and Corona Brewing. They can and will invest in genetics and breeding hybrids to suit their needs for producing commercial products. Also there is the HUGE issue of import/export restrictions on the yet be legalized weed. Trade for now is restricted to medical marijuana, and CBD.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:34 PM

...by the way. Mexico is likely to legalize fully rec weed and soon. I will post about that in another thread. The US will become a geographical sandwich between Mexico and Canada. Things are moving at a fast clip now.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi View Post
Along with the greedy foreign parasites..

Thailand in Asia's lead to legalize weed | Asia Times

Aloha
M
G `day Mu

I don`t see rec ganja changing anytime soon .
Black markets are controlled by the good General and his cronies . They profit hugely from amphetamine and cannabis .

The trials at Chiang Mai University had input from Rob Clarke .
Licenses to grow will be for friends and family of the powers that be .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Old 12-10-2018, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2ishun View Post
One of my good buddies is from Thailand and has quite the extended family there.
I've been over a few times and can only say that they are gracious hosts and the food is sublime.
I can also say that pure thai sativa's still grow there and are used in *some* religious ceremonies (well not really religious, perhaps traditional might be a better wording?).

There is no need for concern.
If it gets legalized I know for a fact that there won't be many hybrids grown....it would be sacreligeous or seen as betraying tradition and history.
Thai people are all about tradition, family, history, etc
I also know that with the high humidity and temps, let alone the near equatorial sun hours that hybrids and indicas would be for shit there.
Yes I know that indoor grows would mitigate those factors.....but outdoor direct in soil shames any indoor plant ever grown.

G `day N2

Thailand is a diverse environment .
It has a wet season and a dry season . Lots of cleared land devoid of trees .

The jungle rain forest that we saw in movies about Vietnam has created a false impression of SE Asia . In the dry season its like desert .

Young people in Thailand have the internet .
Yes tradition is strong . But there are already hybrids there . Indoor growing . Autos and hydroponics .

I smoked Jack Herer a friend [ RIP ] grew in Nth Central Thailand in his house garden .
I know another guy who grows Mr Nice gear in Nth east Thailand !

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Old 12-12-2018, 08:40 PM

You do know that it's not unusual to find thai in the coffee shops in Amsterdam, right?

It's not the quality that was available back in the 70's, but it's real and still pure sativa.

Look up the strain "dr. Grinspoon" I think it's from Barneys.
That is thai....doctored I'm sure, but it's based on old school thai.
You can grow hybrids and indicas anywhere...pure sats only grow outdoors in very select areas and because of that command a premium price.

I received my open water master divers certification in the Phuket area...yea I know the place.