Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 2. Introducing yourself...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 10:45 PM

Default howdy :)

Howdy.. I'm Suzzum

Live in Vancouver, and been a hobby grower since the mid 90's, Not set up at the moment though.. moving. But currently building an led cab.. hopefully by January at latest.

See a few familiar names here already..
Old 09-10-2011, 12:40 AM
anonymouse

Howzit' In Vansterdam these days?

Got family out in Poco , decent place...

What's growin' on?
Old 09-10-2011, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
Howzit' In Vansterdam these days?

Got family out in Poco , decent place...

What's growin' on?
Well.. apparently we had a 6.4 quake today.. never felt a thing . Hit north of the Island, and they felt it in Richmond, Downtown Vancouver, and in Seattle.. but not my part of Van.

As for "Vansterdam"... sorry, but I absolutely detest that name.. whoever came up with it should be shot and p!ssed on . It makes us sound like we're "wannabe's".. when we already know we're good enough .

Then again, I'm in my 40's... stuck in my ways.

hee hee hee
Old 09-10-2011, 05:57 AM

Hi Spuzzum, Welcome. I love vegging with LEDs, would you be doing the whole job with them?Anyhoo best of everything to you

Peace AB
Old 09-10-2011, 12:53 PM

high & welcome to MNS
Old 09-10-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amathystbuddah View Post
Hi Spuzzum, Welcome. I love vegging with LEDs, would you be doing the whole job with them?Anyhoo best of everything to you

Peace AB
Yep.. will be vegged then cloned under less than 10w of LEDs, then the mothers go straight into flower for sexing.. under 150w of LEDs again. I'll then put female clones in a perpetual SoG under the 150w LED.. every 2 or 3 weeks (strain depending), 6 freshly rooted clones go in, and as soon as the system's going full.. it's 6 in, 12 rotated, and 6 out every 2 to 3 weeks. I take the next set of clones off the bottom shoots of the 1st stage babies, about 10 days before rotation.. no need to keep mothers. Cab will be 30" x 16" x 24" or so high for flower chamber, and I plan on utilizing a stadium style.. but with 1st stage babies going to the top edges, and flushing 3rd stage at the bottom. 2nd stage is 1 step up from the bottom. This "should" create a level canopy, and the babies won't have to stretch up to the panel when it's set for taller plants as it would in a flat grow, with babies in the middle.

If I didn't have to move, I'd be set up earlier. Started purchasing the diodes in February, and only need 30 pieces more. Then the heatsink and fans. Making my own drivers, about $5 a piece.. and powering off of a modified 350w CoolerMaster atx psu.. $10 at "Free Geeks". All diodes will be Cree xp-e's, Osram 660nm Reds, and a couple LedEngin 735nm InfraReds.

And since I'm using a modified psu for my panel's power supply, I'm also going to get some 12vdc "little giant" pumps, as well as use pc fans for all the fan work. Cheap and quiet. Will be splurging for Noctua brand fans.. more expensive, but super quiet.

But like I say.. the move's holding me back. And being on disability doesn't help, not to mention this is Vancouver.. expensive as all hell. And it's October coming up.. most peeps move before September/school starts.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:24 AM

Hi Spuzzum, My inventiveness went as far as asking a man in the Far East to send me an item(90w UFO)!

You on the other hand seem to be coming at this with invention for the plants and lights.My hat is tipped Sir
Please keep us informed when the project starts moving and Best Of Luck with the moving and upheavels Peace AB)
Old 09-11-2011, 07:38 PM

Thanks man.. just say it's a good thing humans don't hermie under stress.... :P
Old 09-12-2011, 11:51 PM

Welcome Spuzzum! There's a name I recognize from other forums. Great to see you on here. I just left DT Van 2 months ago after we had our second kid.