Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Competitions and giveaways > 17. Monthly contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2007, 10:29 AM

Default Madman

Well after 6-7 days, these beans are going no where but to get dry again, then to the fridge, what up? The next to the last person to post said he tried to pop six and nothing happened, then he tried again and they all popped, uhh! CA rA ZEE sheet I say.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:57 PM

hey guys do any of u "scuff" ur beans down the seams b4 u try to germ....

over at hg420 some1 posted about a way to help stubborn beans.. i lost the thread and most of what it said but.... try using a nail file and scuff along the sides of the beans to help the water penitrate...

just any1 who reading this try that first it can do no harm, and i allways do that b4 i try to germ anyways...and normaly do ok.. i messed up once n got 1 bean from 10 but that was cos i used real hot water to start them and hey all split n got a tail but died when they hit soil... but otherwise norm i scuff them and paper towel and normaly withing 24 hours they all popped or nearly all...
Old 05-11-2007, 01:09 PM

Hi ,

Never tried it, but have heard people doing it to older sativa seeds,

It makes the surface pourous ,to allow moisture to penetrate the shell,

If anyone did try,fine sand paper could be used,

Me i pop them straight in the soil, 90% success rate,

I did do the paper towell method once,but i read you can introduce disease through handling them,

Hope you testers get some results soon,

Some have got them to pop i see ,so not all doom and gloom,

Wish you all the best.

peace all.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:25 AM

Hi Beetlepumpr,

It was organic herbalist having germ problems,

but the second lot he popped were a different strain,

not the test seeds,

peace.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:59 AM

Hi all,i just wanted to give an update to whats has been happening with the Sk x Af (5) test seeds.When they arrived they where put straight into the Refridgerator.
Then on Monday morning of this week i started the germ process the first 10 seeds where let soak in a glass of (10ml Maxicrop Kelp, plant stimulant) until they sunk.

On Tuesday morning i put 5 seeds into a plastic container with moistend perlite then set on the back of the computer monitor this is the method i have always used and have never had any bother that way,i put another 5 straight into soil the same day,as i had been reading about some Testers having germ problems so i thought i would use a couple of different ways to get them going but i think i,m gonna have to add myself to the list aswell.

i still have some seeds left in the fridge but i definitley think i am down on the first 10 Shanti as none has shown any signs of life apart from three thats showed a split in their seed hulls but went no further than that, i will let the rest of the seeds stay in the refridgerator until tonight and try to get the rest to do something for this run but it does,nt look too promising.

i have used camomile tea to soak seeds in and have had excellent results, so i might give it another go and see if there is any hope,but there does,nt look like there is anything i can do further with these first 10 seeds,i think the seeds where really fresh as the seed shells i have don,t seem so thick or hard, or could it have been the way they where packed ?, "probably not" but i,m wrecking my brain with this one, infact i think i will go ahead now and try the rest right now i,lle give these ones a skuff to see if it helps this time and put them straight into the soil now.

i will update again in 24 to 48hrs as with the results good luck to all thats having problems and i hope you,s have some left to try again.
Take it easy all.Regards...Hashish
Old 05-12-2007, 12:56 PM

Hi Hashish,

Some seeds i've done in soil ,show from 3-4 days,

But most take a full 7 days to show,

Some have even taken 14 days,i kid you not.

I know you know what your doing is right(try saying that after a joint)

But give the ones in pots a little more time maybe,

Wish you the best of luck with em mate,

peace.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMan View Post
Well, I germed 5 of my non labeled beans. 5 outta 5 germed no problem. I use the damp paper towel in a baggie method. Has worke well for me for years.

curious... it would seem there are several "mystery" paks floatin around out there.... does anyone know how to tell what they are? My are unlabeled too.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:35 PM

I do not have the time to check all that has been written and noticed tha there maybe problems with post to germination...well all I can say is wait till next tuesday when I will be back in the office and ready to set the records straight for all involved.

Last post by shanti Hiywaystar,

Hope that helps.

Peace
Old 05-12-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye24/7 View Post
Hi Hashish,

Some seeds i've done in soil ,show from 3-4 days,

But most take a full 7 days to show,

Some have even taken 14 days,i kid you not.

I know you know what your doing is right(try saying that after a joint)

But give the ones in pots a little more time maybe,

Wish you the best of luck with em mate,

peace.
Hi Redeye24/7 thanks for taking time to stop by man, the one in the pots under the fluro's i,m gonna leave in there for the time being and see if they kick up any dirt over the next few days,but the ones i,ve tried germing not using soil methods i have kept them in place and put away into a warm dark cupboard and hoping for the best and maybe get a suprise in a few days time.

I have skuffed and started the remainder of the seeds using the paper towel method moistened with the same growth stimulant and hope things start looking up pretty soon as it seems a terrible waste of seeds IMO.
Hows your coming along Redeye24/7...? hope your getting some results so we can at least see the tests from the members who got their to germ if ours does fail to make the journey.
But all i can do now, is wait and hope for for better results with this last batch i have started, it seems strange that only three seed hulls split on those seeds, i can see the white of the seedlings tails in the shells,keep your fingers crossed and thanks for wishing me luck Redeye24/7, as i said in the above post i,lle update this info hopefully within 24/48 hours or before,and after that if still no signs i will keep them going to see what happens.
like yourself i have seen seeds take longer and come up eventually and have produced amazing results so it,s all worth the wait.
Again i will wish all the testers luck especially the ones having the same problems and hope it all comes good for you aswell guys. i,lle be back soon hopefully with those germ rates looking alot better than now.
Take it easy and kind Regards.....Hashish
Old 05-12-2007, 06:45 PM
zigzag

Last edited by zigzag; 01-09-2011 at 11:17 AM.