Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Competitions and giveaways > 17. Monthly contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 02:35 AM
barletta

Talking The 'Beg Fer A Contest' Thread

Well all of those new strains are droppin, and a few members are running out the SSH from the last contest, so I naturally figgured that I'd introduce the thought of a new contest! I really enjoyed reading the essays from the last one

C'mon MrN members. Ya don't ask, ya don't get!! Please post any ideas/pleadings for giveaways here. There is lots of stuff to give away! We could even donate our own crosses or whatever. I'd be willing to send my crosses to mrnice to distribute for a contest or something.

In these trying economic times, we gotta do what we can!
Old 12-07-2008, 05:26 PM

haha thats a good idea b

all the best
mr toothless
lower your carbon footprint grow outside also any q's that mr toothless may or may not ask is for refference onlymr toothless does not take part in any activitys that break the laws that may or may not be in place at the said time of writing everyman do his things a little bit different, ours goals are the same, free the weed
Old 12-07-2008, 05:40 PM
SativaFan

The giveaways compete with sales though, don't they?

I can't see that happening soon.

What good is a contest anyway unless I'm the automtic 1st Place winner? The rest of you get to fight over 2nd, 3rd, etc.

SativaFan
Old 12-07-2008, 05:40 PM

tiz a special season?.

maybe???????????.

Shanti Claus will come?.

#
Old 12-07-2008, 06:01 PM
barletta

I thought about the fact that giveaways might negatively impact sales, but I came to the conclusion that all of the views in the contest threads, and the quality of the posts/pix/testimonials will sell lots of packs. Giveaway 5 packs = sell 20 packs (min) from the exposure/hype. Shanti could always just give away 'indoor' or 'outdoor' packs. I would be willing to send in some packs of mrn crosses if Shanti or someone in a weed freindly place would distribute them to winners.

I thought a while before starting this thread, I'm not just out for free stuff. I saw how the contest threads got thousands of views Vs. some of the grow threads - quality threads, but way less eyeballs. I also thought that LOTS of members enjoyed reading/contributing.

Even if there is no 'giveaway', if someone has an idea for a lil contest (low wattage/space/containersize, picture essay, whatever) drop the ideas here!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:51 AM
BAMBI

Great idea" - as for the seeds idea,?

Depends on what the member in question or in the contest what seeds they would prefer perhaps, if it were my contest id ask you all for your best and fastest indica seeds only,

perhaps a Poem writing contest would do, lol, I say this because i write poetry rap for a living, or try to yes, thats all good poetry is really, like a rap.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:59 PM
barletta

Twas the day before Christmas, and all through the buildin'
All the mammals were chilly, but the plants - they were chillin.

Under a spectrum of light
some yellow, some blue,
Sweet buds slowly ripen
for me and for you

Of lemon, of pine, of skunk they stank
they cannot be rushed to give up the dank

Some for the night, the evening, the morning;
This Super Sillver Haze should come with a warning!

As I load up this bowl of summertime Spice,
I wish good vibes to the members, and to you MrNice!

Happy Holidays
Old 12-28-2008, 12:10 PM

I was thinking a lst contest. Say the most unique design of a finished plant that has been bent and stressed to achieve the final look. first prize--best overall design and appearance.hey It's a ideashogi"If your a poet and you know it ,clap your hands,clap your hands..lol

Last edited by shogirl; 12-28-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:33 PM

We don't really need a prize do we? If we do, it should be an all expenses paid vacation tour of the worlds' cannabis breeding sites. With $50,000 cash and free seeds for life. Then we have to come up with Second and First place prizes.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:14 AM

Why do there have to be prizes?

BARGING WRITES?

kiwi