Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 15. Plant doctor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 12:39 AM

Default spider mites ( this stuff is good )

I now grow in the attic/loft its only a small set up of 3000W and it s summer time now and it gets very hot. this is not good news if you have spider mites!

97%f around the time my 2nd room stared to kick in (4.pm), mites thrive in this environment

i have done my best to keep these fuc*ers out, but every year i still get them i thought i would try something i have never tried before to see how it would work and at only 6.99 i thought why not?

its called "bug clear" i thought ill give it a go, by fu*k this stuff smells like the sh*t you paint the garden fence and shed with! "creosote!!" WOW its that strong!, but by fu*k does it do the job!!!!

I added 14mm of this sh*t per L of plain water and its so easy to mix, no sticky stuf, no mess what so ever! + it smells good enogh to drink.LOL

i got a pop bottle 2L type, i tip 28mm in to the bottle and shake f*ck out of it to mix it up a bit. i then get a spry bottle and fill it up with this sh*t and spry the plant ( 24" tall 9 main branch type of plant and continue to spry the fu*k out of it untill i use 1/2L of this stuff on the plant.

i then move on to the next plant and do the same, by the time i finish the 2nd pant i have a look at the 1st plant to see if its worked??? the 1st plant is dry to look at and then turn the leaf over to see what the crack is.

nothing moves the little green /black things that i saw once be4 are now crust with no lifewhat so ever!

conclusion?
good sh*t works 100% dont know about eggs?
make sure you ware gloves and mask! this shit is like meths smell wise.
they say spidermites can become tolerant to this stuff? if they do then good luck to the fuc*er!

p.s this stuff contains a miteacide its not just a contact killer.

so far 10/10
Old 09-26-2008, 02:28 AM

Hi, i also use scott's bug clear, it contains a chemical called biphenthrin which is very good for thrip, when it comes to mites it kills them on contact i think, IF you can get to all of them , unlikely if you have a big garden with many plants, but the eggs remain, so in no time there back munching and shitting all over the leaves again

atleast this is what i found.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:00 PM

Smile

yes thanx to mr.green im using that shit and hes bang on smells like the stuff you paint the fence with
repeated doses is the way to go i reckon im going spray mine another 2-3 times before i flip the lights.
good on you fella's
Old 09-26-2008, 08:33 PM

Thumbs up

Its got my vote too, had some thrips in my homebox and heard about this stuff on another forum said I would give it a go. Bug clear Ultra Gun in a red bottle says on it for flowering plants I also saw one in a green bottle for vegetables, wonder is at just as affective and safe to use at all stages of growth ?

Where did you get the hands on a concentrated version Mr green the one I had was just a 750ml hand sprayer, it would be handy to have around again just incase.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:48 PM

hi all

hi uncle elroy,

I ve used Bug Clear too , not the RTU Gun version , i had the concentrated one , so the same if thats the one you had too .Worked wonders with thrips , 2 applications and never saw them again. For fungus gnats , no pesticides are needed really if its caught early , a thin layer of sand on the top layer of soil and some yellow sticky traps will do the trick. For mites I use abemectin and it erradicates them. If the infestasions are caught early I start with the most organic & plant friendly treatment but if they are not effective I prefer to use something chemical to erradicate all the bugs before they get a chance of becoming resistant.

But remember , no pesticides should be sprayed on plants closer than 8-12 weeks from harvest .

Last edited by L33t; 09-26-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:28 PM

Hi all,

Hi L33t,

Quote:
But remember , no pesticides should be sprayed on plants closer than 8-12 weeks from harvest
this is good advise, unfortunately i'm to late./

I'm using Abamectin, the bug clear could not cope even at the highest dose of 14ml per litre, a couple of hours after spraying the mite would be back like nothing ever happened,

but with Abamectin, its been 3 days now and i have been checking on them daily, i have a lot of plants very close together on nft tables so its hard to get to them all, but so far on inspection i have only seen 1 mite alive out of about 50/100 that i have actually proded with a blade to see if they move, looks like its working ,

the only problem is i was 3 weeks into flower when i sprayed , i didnt realise and thought it was like bug clear which is pretty safe to spray in flower afaik,

it has a chemical in it called thiamethoxam, which is pretty bad stuff i hear..

not sure what i can do now ?? i cant afford to throw it all away
Old 09-26-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicgrow View Post
Hi all,

Hi L33t,

this is good advise, unfortunately i'm to late./

I'm using Abamectin, the bug clear could not cope even at the highest dose of 14ml per litre, a couple of hours after spraying the mite would be back like nothing ever happened,

but with Abamectin, its been 3 days now and i have been checking on them daily, i have a lot of plants very close together on nft tables so its hard to get to them all, but so far on inspection i have only seen 1 mite alive out of about 50/100 that i have actually proded with a blade to see if they move, looks like its working ,

the only problem is i was 3 weeks into flower when i sprayed , i didnt realise and thought it was like bug clear which is pretty safe to spray in flower afaik,

it has a chemical in it called thiamethoxam, which is pretty bad stuff i hear..

not sure what i can do now ?? i cant afford to throw it all away
was reading about thiamethoxam and its quite nasty mate...

If youre brave enough smoke it at your own risk if it was pure abemectin it d be more or less ok although still 'near the limits' but with thiamethoxam why risk it..

I d turn it all to hash and lose almost nothing
Old 09-26-2008, 10:15 PM

Bug clear says it an insecticide would it also be unsafe to using during flowering ? I've just only put mine into flower. I'm getting nervous now I've fu*ked em up.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleElroy View Post
Bug clear says it an insecticide would it also be unsafe to using during flowering ? I've just only put mine into flower. I'm getting nervous now I've fu*ked em up.

insecticides/pesticides more or less same thing , if you wanna be on the safe side dont spray anything on flowers..
Old 09-26-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t View Post
was reading about thiamethoxam and its quite nasty mate...

If youre brave enough smoke it at your own risk if it was pure abemectin it d be more or less ok although still 'near the limits' but with thiamethoxam why risk it..

I d turn it all to hash and lose almost nothing
hash ..hmmm not a bad idea L33t .. be a lot of hash with maybe 80 oz yield.. i only got 5 gallon bubble bags lol,,, i was thinking, over the years the amount of dealer bud/hash that i have smoked, god knows what is sprayed on commercial crop's.. maybe that explains why i'm nuts