Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 15. Plant doctor

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 575
Default

Hempy, The great thing about vegan organic nutes is that they dont really need time to break down. The fermentation process makes water insoluble nutes more available. Some do have minute traces of micro nutes and arent completely organic.

If I had the time and energy I would start making my own fpe nutes and there are many threads around that teach the techniques.
__________________
Everything I post is completely fictional for entertainment purposes only.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-04-2011, 01:10 AM
hempy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Hempy, The great thing about vegan organic nutes is that they dont really need time to break down. The fermentation process makes water insoluble nutes more available. Some do have minute traces of micro nutes and arent completely organic.

If I had the time and energy I would start making my own fpe nutes and there are many threads around that teach the techniques.
Hiya mate well i spoke to a expert in the field about 2 years ago i think now about organic nutrients for hydro and he was the one that explained to me that at that time not one nutrient available on the market was truly full organic stand alone that could give the plants all they needed and compete with normal hydro nutrients.

Even bio canna cant compete that is low in N and to get the N its put into the bio canna medium you need to run with it.

I tried to run full organic nutrients one was bio canna other was a complete organic food nutrient for soil but use it at a lower rate in coco and perlite as i did the bio canna and they did not come close no were near what the same plants feed on hydro nutrients did not even in bud quality let alone the yield.

Making organic teas and doing it that way is the go as i see it for now.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-08-2011, 12:04 AM
pepper's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 174
Default

van,

please don't be like others and dump chem / salts outside into the groundwater..

that aside, coco nutes are formulated for like 90-100PPM K, the problem with other nutes is there higher K content, being anywhere from 140-220 PPM K

I've seen grows using "normal" nutes with fine results, but being the picky plant pot is, and the finicky medium coco is, I would suggest going coco specific nute or making a ratio of blends that work. I would look for something nearest like:

110 N / 50 P / 100K / 100 Ca / 60Mg

as I've said, Ive seen every nutrient used in coco with good results and bad results, half might be grower skill / eye, other might be water quality going in..

I suggest simplicity and ease whenever possible, and picking up some coco nutes, not that it's "formulated" for coco, it just has lower K.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Ma Hoos.
Posts: 52
Post organics

if you're using organic coco media, use the organic range of nutes too otherwise you'll be in for all sorts of problems if you use normal canna coco + the organic nutes. you cant use hydrogen peroxide in organics either. you'll kill the beneficial bacteria.

Steve
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north uk.
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hempy View Post
hi first off slow release firsts or any soil ferts need time to brake down on a micro level so the plant can uptake the nutrients and are designed for soil grown plants coco is a great medium but if you wanted to use it along with non hydro nutrients you need to mix the coco with soil at a rate of say 20% to 40% i think it is need to check tho but in short you cant just run coco core and expect results with slow release ferts like osmicote mate.

My advice is run a search on line for a good quality coco core product as cannas is to expensive then when you pot it up rinse it well with tap water to remove any salts left even the best coco core needs flushing.

Then get your self a good quality hydro nutrient and your set i haven't used canna coco nutrients my self found them to expensive i just use canna regular with great results.

Also take a look on the canna coco medium i think its mixed with peat and something more let us know out of curiosity if its 100% coco or a mix as then you may have no option but to run a specific canna nutrient that goes along with that given medium.

canna coco profesional + requires no flushing or pre charging in order to rock the shit out of your plants, as for cost it is £12 for a 50L bag which may be pricey to you but i would want more than that for the labour/time of flushing and sorting a "cheaper" brand of coco coir. you can trust canna, i have used it for years with no problems, ever.

and yes it is a 100% coco coir mix, and yes it has NO salts in it that require flushing out before you use it. it is well worth its money ime.

Riz.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-23-2011, 01:11 AM
hempy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizladon View Post
canna coco profesional + requires no flushing or pre charging in order to rock the shit out of your plants, as for cost it is £12 for a 50L bag which may be pricey to you but i would want more than that for the labour/time of flushing and sorting a "cheaper" brand of coco coir. you can trust canna, i have used it for years with no problems, ever.

and yes it is a 100% coco coir mix, and yes it has NO salts in it that require flushing out before you use it. it is well worth its money ime.

Riz.
Well the coco i use is a high quality and still i flush it and canna is expensive i get more for less in the way of medium using a different brand but i use canna nutrients as i find them the best.

Each to there own its not much of an effort to flush a bucket or pot with coco to remove any thing remaining if you ask me.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-23-2011, 07:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: north uk.
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hempy View Post
Well the coco i use is a high quality and still i flush it and canna is expensive i get more for less in the way of medium using a different brand but i use canna nutrients as i find them the best.

Each to there own its not much of an effort to flush a bucket or pot with coco to remove any thing remaining if you ask me.
hi hempy, merry christmas and all that,
you mention your coco being of high quality.
could you tell me what makes it a quality product? i thought the only difference between coco's is the salt content?
it is all just coconut husk after all, i thought the high quality versions were clean of salt or have i missed something??

all the best,
Riz.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3
Default

I have got awesome yield with Hesi feeding chart ...

Coco coir only Canna Professional Plus ..

here is my result :
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All rights reserved, MR NICE SEEDBANK, NL