Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 15. Plant doctor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 08:07 AM

Default Do you want to go the NASA way...What is zeoponics??

Read moore here friends?

http://www.zeoponix.com/new_page_1.htm

Do everything in moderation,even moderation.God bless...//BLB51

Choose Positive
People,places,events just "are".
They have no meaning until YOU give them meaning.
You choose how to react to it and what it will mean to you.
Good,bad,beautiful,ugly,indiffrent.You choose.
Why choose negative when you can just as easily choose posistive?
Old 01-26-2011, 09:10 AM
british_hempire

So it's a blend of synthetic apatite and clinoptilite. Hmm, don't know much about those so let's have a quick google:

Quote:
Clinoptilolite
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clinoptilolite is a natural zeolite comprising a microporous arrangement of silica and alumina tetrahedra. It has the complex formula: (Na,K,Ca)2-3Al3(Al,Si)2Si13O36·12(H2O). It forms as white to reddish tabular monoclinic tectosilicate crystals with a Mohs hardness of 3.5 to 4 and a specific gravity of 2.1 to 2.2. It commonly occurs as a devitrification product of volcanic glass shards in tuff and as vesicle fillings in basalts, andesites and rhyolites. It was described in 1969 from an occurrence in Owl Canyon, San Bernardino County, California.

Use of clinoptilolite in industry and academia focuses on its ion exchange properties having a strong exchange affinity for ammonia (NH4+). A typical example of this is in its use as an enzyme based urea sensor. It is also used as fertiliser, and sold as a deodorizer in the form of pebble-sized chunks contained in a mesh bag.

Research is generally focussed around the shores of the Aegean Sea due to the abundance of natural clinoptilolite in easily accessible surface deposits.

The name is derived from the Greek words klino (κλίνω;"oblique"), ptylon (φτερών;"feather"), and lithos (λίθος;"stone").
Quote:
Apatite
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

General
Category Phosphate mineral group
Chemical formula Ca5(PO4)3(F,Cl,OH)

Apatite is a group of phosphate minerals, usually referring to hydroxyapatite, fluorapatite, chlorapatite and bromapatite, named for high concentrations of OH−, F−, Cl− or Br− ions, respectively, in the crystal. The formula of the admixture of the four most common endmembers is written as Ca10(PO4)6(OH, F, Cl, Br)2, and the crystal unit cell formulae of the individual minerals are written as Ca10(PO4)6(OH)2, Ca10(PO4)6(F)2, Ca10(PO4)6(Cl)2 and Ca10(PO4)6(Br)2.

Apatite is one of a few minerals that are produced and used by biological micro-environmental systems. Apatite is the defining mineral for 5 on Mohs Scale hardness. Hydroxyapatite, also known as hydroxylapatite, is the major component of tooth enamel and bone mineral. A relatively rare form of apatite in which most of the OH groups are absent and containing many carbonate and acid phosphate substitutions is a large component of bone material.

Fluorapatite (or fluoroapatite) is more resistant to acid attack than is hydroxyapatite. For this reason, toothpaste typically contains a source of fluoride anions (e.g. sodium fluoride, sodium monofluorophosphate). Similarly, fluoridated water allows exchange in the teeth of fluoride ions for hydroxyl groups in apatite. Too much fluoride results in dental fluorosis and/or skeletal fluorosis.

Fission tracks in apatite are commonly used to determine the thermal history of orogenic (mountain) belts and of sediments in sedimentary basins. (U-Th)/He dating of apatite is also well-established for use in determining thermal histories and other, less typical applications such as paleo-wildfire dating.

Phosphorite is a phosphate-rich sedimentary rock, that contains between 18% and 40% P2O5. The apatite in phosphorite is present as cryptocrystalline masses referred to as collophane.

Uses
Apatity City, Russia, site of apatite mines and processing facilities

The primary use of apatite is in the manufacture of fertilizer - it is a source of phosphorus. It is occasionally used as a gemstone.

Fluoro-chloro apatite forms the basis of the now obsolete Halophosphor fluorescent tube phosphor system. Dopant elements of manganese and antimony, at less than one mole-percent, in place of the calcium and phosphorus impart the fluorescence, and adjustment of the fluorine to chlorine ratio adjusts the shade of white produced. Now almost entirely replaced by the Tri-Phosphor system.

In the United States, apatite derived fertilizers are used to supplement the nutrition of many agricultural crops by providing a valuable source of phosphate.
So it's just two naturely occuring salts that are commonly used as fertiliser.

I call BS on any notion of NASA or patented technology, that's just marketing spin.

This product may be a good soil ammendment, I've heard of people using zeolites in soils before but they are making a lot of hoopla about NASA and such that puts me off buying from them, probably be able to find those two salts cheaper elsehwere, shouldn't be hard to find if they are commonly used as fertilisers, I bet a 50lb sack isn't very expensive.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:12 AM

Question

They Progressed To LED Yet ?
Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04_Mars_Letuce.jpg (32.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 07_Mars_Tomato.jpg (45.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 10_Mars_Wheat.jpg (51.6 KB, 32 views)
Old 01-26-2011, 04:14 PM

I thought NASA was all about aeroponics, mainly because it's mediumless and therefore lighter weight (?)
Old 01-26-2011, 04:34 PM

Default keyword:fissionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by british_hempire View Post
So it's a blend of synthetic apatite and clinoptilite. Hmm, don't know much about those so let's have a quick google:

So it's just two naturely occuring salts that are commonly used as fertiliser.

I call BS on any notion of NASA or patented technology, that's just marketing spin.

This product may be a good soil ammendment, I've heard of people using zeolites in soils before but they are making a lot of hoopla about NASA and such that puts me off buying from them, probably be able to find those two salts cheaper elsehwere, shouldn't be hard to find if they are commonly used as fertilisers, I bet a 50lb sack isn't very expensive.
an aside:

does anyone care that they receive radioactive doses when they smoke Cannabis? the trichomes of both tobacco and Cannabis are radioactive
when grown with apatite.

use guano folks
“There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S., and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and others.”
-Harry J. Anslinger, Commissioner of the Bureau of Narcotics, in testimony to U.S. Congress supporting Marihuana Tax Act, 1937.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkha View Post
an aside:

does anyone care that they receive radioactive doses when they smoke Cannabis? the trichomes of both tobacco and Cannabis are radioactive
when grown with apatite.

use guano folks
I'm American, I'm used to a sprinkle of cancer that comes with everything around me. The more and more I read about apatite, the more appalled I am though.... Fuck weed, that shit is in ALL of our food!!!!!

Edit : Info on Apatite http://www.charliegosh.com/48/tobaccos-big-secret/

They really do use this stuff in fields all over, I've seen them putting it down in the corn fields by my house, I didn't know what the pile of perlite looking shit was, now I do....

Bonus: It turns out that people are about 20 times more likely to die from lung cancer today than they were before apatite was used for fertilizer, in spite of much lower smoking rates and tremendous improvements in medical care. Now that’s progress.

Last edited by Ouchie; 01-26-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:56 PM

Default vegetables are fine grown with apatite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouchie View Post
I'm American, I'm used to a sprinkle of cancer that comes with everything around me. The more and more I read about apatite, the more appalled I am though.... Fuck weed, that shit is in ALL of our food!!!!!
its only the resins that seem to contain the radioactivity.
“There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S., and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and others.”
-Harry J. Anslinger, Commissioner of the Bureau of Narcotics, in testimony to U.S. Congress supporting Marihuana Tax Act, 1937.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:58 PM

Here's the picture to go along with my last post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LungCancer1930_2000.jpg (55.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 01-26-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkha View Post
its only the resins that seem to contain the radioactivity.
"Apatite is mined, crushed, processed into a phosphate fertilizer, then applied to the soil in tobacco fields. The radioactive pieces break free, hitch a ride on air currents and bits of dust, then get stuck on the gooey hairs and leaves of the plant. Each year, adding more fertilizer makes the soil — and the plants — even more radioactive.

But remember, it’s cheap and makes the final product taste ‘sweet’ ( YUCK ! ) so they’ll never want to stop using it.

The radioactive chunks stay stuck on through the manufacturing process and are freed when the tobacco is burned. Burning does not “clean” the radioactive particles, it just spreads them into the air."

So what I take from this, it's literally all over the microscopic hairs of fruits and vegetables, hence you are eating it. They use the SAME fertilizers in food fields.