Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 15. Plant doctor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 02:45 PM

Default making a living soil

come on peeps i could get a bag of soil and throw handfuls of this that an the other as alot of people are doing but thats not what a real living soil is or is it????? ive been trying to learn but the shits hard i really want to learn the art of organic growing when you see and taste real organacliy grown fruits (buds) theres no going back. as you can probably tell i dont no much on living soil but with the help of the famliy here at mns am hoping to learn how to build a living soil........so if anyone has a clue or anything they think would help please do
Old 07-27-2012, 04:38 PM

Hi Caspa,i do both organic and mineral ,depending on various things.I have mixed up soil but now just use plant magic as its so good,but this was what i did..

1/3 potting soil
1/3 coco
15% worm castings
15%loam
clay pebbles,both in mix and for the bottom[perlite not considered organic]
cup of maxicrop seaweed
powdered lime
handfull bat gauno
trace elements[some available already in the guano,castings but a powdered additive won't harm,rock dust etc]
plant magic granules

Also i use canna's trichioderma for roots and plant magic essence for the leaves depending on schedule,its organic insurance i suppose.Mollasses is mixed with warm water and added regulary,both as a boost and to feed the microlife.Neem oil can be used as an organic insectecide.

If a top up feed is required canna bio is good or if you are being strict organic[no plastic bottles or manufacturing processes]then brewing a tea up using the gauno and castings should do the trick.Remember you want a low ec to promote the micro life plus always leave your water for 24hrs for the chlorine to evaporate[pumps can be used to aid this process which oxygenates the water two].

There's a few idea's for you to be looking at anyway,good luck with it
Old 07-27-2012, 05:22 PM

Default three little birds used to keep live worms in theirs.

and breeder steve used 'guppie ponics' with fish tank water.

i've seen people feed whole chicken carcass's to one of those plastic worm castings makers to influence the poops composition.

but as a base - 3 l. b.s used mushroom compost.

i still found that using a 1/8 to 1/4 dilute hydroponic nutrient solution helped with my 'organic' soil feeding program. yes it was more expensive, but sill less costly than buying bud. the product was great, and i'm not commercial so i care much less about penny pinching.

when i was nerding out on soil composition i would search online for actual lot analysis (where i could find it, and If the label didnt give enough info).

then it's all about math and calculating numbers to match what the 'grow bibles' say about nutrient levels. the hydroponic solution may then be used to modify for specific occasions or where a deficiencies are observed.

without actual soil testing with a proper statistical sampling protocol for the base solid and liquid material, in conjunction with overflow and run-off testing and plant in process testing - the whole thing is making educated guesses.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anushka View Post
Hi Caspa,i do both organic and mineral ,depending on various things.I have mixed up soil but now just use plant magic as its so good,but this was what i did..

1/3 potting soil
1/3 coco
15% worm castings
15%loam
clay pebbles,both in mix and for the bottom[perlite not considered organic]
cup of maxicrop seaweed
powdered lime
handfull bat gauno
trace elements[some available already in the guano,castings but a powdered additive won't harm,rock dust etc]
plant magic granules

Also i use canna's trichioderma for roots and plant magic essence for the leaves depending on schedule,its organic insurance i suppose.Mollasses is mixed with warm water and added regulary,both as a boost and to feed the microlife.Neem oil can be used as an organic insectecide.

If a top up feed is required canna bio is good or if you are being strict organic[no plastic bottles or manufacturing processes]then brewing a tea up using the gauno and castings should do the trick.Remember you want a low ec to promote the micro life plus always leave your water for 24hrs for the chlorine to evaporate[pumps can be used to aid this process which oxygenates the water two].

There's a few idea's for you to be looking at anyway,good luck with it
This sounds similar to something I would like to try.

Few questions Anushka, what type of potting soil do you use? What ph do you water with in this setup? Also, I would add some organic tea occaisionally.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:06 AM

Enzymes ; Mr. Nice seedbank and research - intro See Cannazym ( The Original, And My Favorite )
Also Cannas AKtrivator ( Protection )
To Feed All Your Healthy Bacteria And Increase Its Colony Try Using Vita Link Bio-Plus Home | Vitalink. Many People Think Bio Plus Contains Healthy Bacteria, But For That They Need Vita Link Bio Pack
Using Bio Bizz Allmix Ensures My Soil Is Living And Using These Additives Ensures A Healthy Root Ball ( The Plants Mouth )
Herb Tastes Better Thats For Sure
JKP
Old 07-29-2012, 11:40 AM

Hi Longhorn,well it would depend if inside or out.If out i would make use of a compost bin but indoors i'm really liking plant magic's soil,they add phytomix which gives a lovely airy texture,i realise this isnt strict organics but we all draw the line at different places i guess,some folk wont use anything thats come from a plastic bottle/bag but thats a step too far for me though i would'nt knock others for doing so.

I reckon if you got your microlife working for you they should be mainting the ph level just fine without any ajustment,but if for any reason i need to ,then citric acid crystals/granules or buy citric acid ph down.Messing about with the ph too much or using agressive chemicals will have a negative effect on your rhizosphere imo.