Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 02:36 AM

Not same thing. I have seen none of these yet. I was talking about the two seeds that formed. I will check that exact spot tomorrow when lights go on.what becomes of hermie. Smokeable? Can i separate it from others n grow it in separate room?. Or what if i leave hermie in there? I'm just wanting be ready tomorrow so I can look closer and stop any more seeding.

Mattkilla420's Hempy Bucket grow!!{OLD}

"All you touch and all you see is all you'll ever be."-
Old 05-24-2012, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkilla420 View Post
Not same thing. I have seen none of these yet. I was talking about the two seeds that formed. I will check that exact spot tomorrow when lights go on.what becomes of hermie. Smokeable? Can i separate it from others n grow it in separate room?. Or what if i leave hermie in there? I'm just wanting be ready tomorrow so I can look closer and stop any more seeding.
If you can't find any nanners on it, I would leave her alone and in the same room. Maybe another plant pollinated her instead.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:41 AM

Quote:
You only need a few of the male flowers to show up on one plant to pollinate all the plants in your space so next time lites are on go threw each plant examen and sort it out.

You can remove the plant thats coused it and grow it out and smoke it yes all it will cause is seeded flowers.

You could have a small lite leek and thats why it coused it or the bag seed came from a hermaphrodite and the seed plant grown from that seeds carried the trait threw to the next generation its part of lorning matt no big deal.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:10 AM

Whew! Thanks guys. So now I ask when I find my hermie I remove it from closet to prevent any more pollination I have a veg closet I can move it to with a t5 .but that wouldn't do any good .right. it has2veg bulbs and 2 bloom bulbs . I guess my best option is leave it in there and pick nanners as they come.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Whew! Thanks guys. So now I ask when I find my hermie I remove it from closet to prevent any more pollination I have a veg closet I can move it to with a t5 .but that wouldn't do any good .right. it has2veg bulbs and 2 bloom bulbs . I guess my best option is leave it in there and pick nanners as they come.
Ive gotten by with picking nanners off plants for a month before. New ones will typically take 3 days from appearance to dropping pollen, ime. So you must be vigilant and be checking every two days. If you wait 4 days between checks there's a fair chance pollen may have been released if you missed one, so be very vigilant.

Hopefully its just a one of or two of. Ive got a BW in flower that threw two lower nanners in week three, and then another in week 6 all in the lowest foliage. I just pluck them off, and continue on, and remove her from the rotation at the end.

Now if you end up with a full blown hermie, that throws tons and tons of nanners then just pitch it as they're a losing battle and not worth the effort. Just chop them down instantly.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Rotten View Post
Ive gotten by with picking nanners off plants for a month before. New ones will typically take 3 days from appearance to dropping pollen, ime. So you must be vigilant and be checking every two days. If you wait 4 days between checks there's a fair chance pollen may have been released if you missed one, so be very vigilant.

Hopefully its just a one of or two of. Ive got a BW in flower that threw two lower nanners in week three, and then another in week 6 all in the lowest foliage. I just pluck them off, and continue on, and remove her from the rotation at the end.

Now if you end up with a full blown hermie, that throws tons and tons of nanners then just pitch it as they're a losing battle and not worth the effort. Just chop them down instantly.
Thanks a bunch guys after inspecting this morning I believe Hempy was right and that pic is exact location I found flower.so the WWxBB is the hermie that was only one I found so I cut the whole stem bc bud next to it wad super seeded. After much reading I see WWxBB is prone to hermie in week5 as mine did.so I dont think it was environmental factors although I added250w of hps in week 1 flower so I'm guessing this could have stressed it. I will be vigilant as I already am I keep pretty close eye every day as i can. Thanks again guys.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:08 AM

hi matt glad you sorted it you mite find a few seeds threw the grow but its what it is now just keep an eye out daily give it a look over so it dont throw any more.

Whos wwxbb is it and is it fem seed by chance.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:59 AM

Default Hempy vs. Hydro

So it's been discussed how hempy does compared to soil but how do hemp buckets compare to a fully automated traditional hydro setup?
Old 05-25-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDogDad View Post
So it's been discussed how hempy does compared to soil but how do hemp buckets compare to a fully automated traditional hydro setup?
Lol I would not go there. Maybe a new thread would suit the discussion better than this one if you really want this comparison to be made.
"Norm Franz"
Quote:
Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
"?"
Quote:
Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Quote:
Hence it comes about that all armed Prophets have been victorious, and all unarmed Prophets have been destroyed.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Old 05-25-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poco View Post
Lol I would not go there. Maybe a new thread would suit the discussion better than this one if you really want this comparison to be made.
Comparing a Hempy bucket grow to a full on hydro system (such as a krusty bucket grow) is rather mute and it all depends on the grower's needs, resources etc as well as the obvious such as environment, lights etc. Just my opinion.

@MattKilla. Dam man, hermies, I've never experienced them so I can't say too much there, but if it's just happened on one plant (excessive seed production) then at least you have a couple of females to select from.

I remember you doing clones. Now you gotta keep track on which clones "might" be from the hermie plant. Did you label them properly?

The plant that hermied was a fem bean if I'm correct?

GM1

The truth will set you free

Last edited by ganja man1; 05-28-2012 at 01:03 PM.