Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 14. Indoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 04:00 PM

Question In mid flower and im having heat problems :(

G' day all you Growers and Smokers out here!

Im growing the S.S.H and M.H 4 the first time and it's been going real good to now.

Summer hitt use over here now and im having heat problems when the lights are on and off.

Im in mid flower now im guessing it is about 3 - 4 weeks left befor I can harvest them. When the lights are on it starts at 29c and it goes down to 27c to 26c. And when the lights are off it starts at 18c and goes up to 24,5c.
How will this affect the plants? If I have understood this right is should affect the rasin production!? Is that right?

I know I can put in a bigger fan in and I have one. But it is to late to do that bc I can't get in there bc of the plants are in the way. And I can't move them what ever I do!

Best Regards!
Kitepot

To think is not the same as knowing!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:34 PM

When you say 29C is this the ambient temperature in your space, or the temperature at the canopy? If it is the second I wouldn't worry too much.

If temps get above 30C this will start to reduce yields- and possibly cause stress issues with some strains.

Are the plants showing any signs of heat stress?

Are they drinking too much?
Old 05-22-2012, 05:36 PM

Heat usually causes fluffy bud structure and shooters, especially growing sat. dom haze hybrids.
Lot's of fresh air flow is the only solution to prevent this or keep things under control.
If you don't have to worry about light issues you could leave a door open to increase the fresh air flow.
Also make sure yr medium doesn't get to dry, this causes higher ec levels in the medium and salts residues building up.
If so lower yr feedwaters ec level or flush with ph adjusted water to get them out of the medium.
Fresh air supply and healthy medium will get you a nice harvest.
Good luck.
YS
Old 05-22-2012, 07:10 PM

When the lights go on it goes down, and when they go off it goes up?

Your options are those you have already mentioned or an air conditioner (Expensive to buy and run). A heater can be set up on a thermostat to increase night temps if really needed.

Great advice from the other two contributors so I do not need to say any more.

ATB
Poco
"Norm Franz"
Quote:
Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
"?"
Quote:
Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Quote:
Hence it comes about that all armed Prophets have been victorious, and all unarmed Prophets have been destroyed.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Old 05-22-2012, 07:43 PM

Thumbs up

To Farmergiles: It is at the canopy. So that was good news

No signs of heat stress at all

I don't know about the drinking. It seems to me that thy are drinking as normal. But I will see if that will cange in the coming day's!

To Yosemite Sam: I can't have eny doors open it will stink down the hole place here he he.

Im growing in Mapito (Rockwool cubes and PU flake cubes). And that means I water them every 3 days and every time I water I press out the old air and new air gets in. So im ok there! When growing in Mapito there is no salts residues building up at all. So im ok ther to.

To Poco: Read it 1 more time!

Thx 4 the help and the fast reply guy's!!!

Best Regards!
Kitepot

Old 05-22-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitepot View Post
To Poco: Read it 1 more time!

I have read it 5 times more and it still says
Quote:
When the lights are on it starts at 29c and it goes down to 27c to 26c. And when the lights are off it starts at 18c and goes up to 24,5c.
Maybe I am still reading it wrong, or I am to stoned either way no problem.

I better not mention how I am struggling to see your heat problem after your answered you have given. Opps.

All the best

Poco
"Norm Franz"
Quote:
Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
"?"
Quote:
Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Quote:
Hence it comes about that all armed Prophets have been victorious, and all unarmed Prophets have been destroyed.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Old 05-23-2012, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitepot View Post
G' day all you Growers and Smokers out here!

Im growing the S.S.H and M.H 4 the first time and it's been going real good to now.

Summer hitt use over here now and im having heat problems when the lights are on and off.

Im in mid flower now im guessing it is about 3 - 4 weeks left befor I can harvest them. When the lights are on it starts at 29c and it goes down to 27c to 26c. And when the lights are off it starts at 18c and goes up to 24,5c.
How will this affect the plants? If I have understood this right is should affect the rasin production!? Is that right?

I know I can put in a bigger fan in and I have one. But it is to late to do that bc I can't get in there bc of the plants are in the way. And I can't move them what ever I do!

Best Regards!
Kitepot

The temp swings wont affect the plants even out doors you could have temps of 28c threw the day and then drop to 18 or lower at night even threw the day temps can very a great deal.

We get extreme temps here its not unusual to see plants in early flower if there hybrids in temps of say 37 or 40 and then cool changes come threw if there not drinking more dont stress it if they are water more .
Old 05-24-2012, 04:43 AM

Oudoor grows never have issues with heat because the plants always get enough air.
If the night time temps don't get lower then 15 C it's no problem, even if daytime temps get up to 40 and even 50.
Indoor grows are very different in that perspective.
Also, check the humidity in yr room.
The higher it is the more troubles you could get.
YS
Old 06-10-2012, 03:59 AM

Perhaps try not to exceed 29c and day/night temp change no more than 8c...lastly, keep you fingers crossed like i did *sigh*