Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 12. Outdoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 08:37 PM

Default Bushweed Corntrash

A few months into the Australian outdoor season with a handful of strains in the ground. Currently growing at 3000 feet above sea level within 50 kms of the Pacific Ocean - Mango Haze, Nimbin Purple Sativa, Kangativa's Mullumbimby Madness x White Widow (sensi circa '94), Kanga's Mendo Girl (ol school norcal skunk x ol school norcal haze) Kanga's Mullumbimby Madness x Mendo Girl, Kanga's mystery Oaxacan crosses, and a Kanga mystery MM cross.

I'll start off with an MMWW plant, this strain shares a similar linage to La Nina (would love to see an outdoor La Nina grow journal for comparison). This is a uniform looking strain that stretches on and on, and has grown 2 foot in the last 3 weeks and we're not even in summer yet...

Last edited by bushweed; 04-16-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:07 AM
Kangativa

Looking good mate.....Just a word of advice, start making the holes bigger
Old 11-16-2010, 06:07 AM

Thumbs up

Looking Healthy and Rearing to go there Bushweed.

Nice to see the utilization of materials at hand i.e. Lantana stalks as Mulch, no weeds, a nice touch....What do you reckon WallyD lol

Bring on the Summer... ill be watching

Regards BP
Old 11-16-2010, 06:10 AM

@Kangalunacy, thanks mate, yeah I read that the next 12 months could be the wettest on record for SE Queensland, and presumably Nth NSW, fingers crossed for a dry Autumn. I'm very happy with the strains I have - all potent, uplifting sativas

@Kangativa - you've got me nervous now mate - I better get in and dig around those existing holes and plop down some more shit. When can I borrow the excavator?

@Bushpig, thanks mate, definitely utilising the lantana, so far it's kept the bandicoots, bielbys and other little bastards at bay, and the soil is rich and full of worms and ameliorated with cowshit, chookshit and even peacock shit

Last edited by bushweed; 11-16-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:51 AM

2 Bushy's & 2 Kangas on one fucken page!

No wonder the Europeans and Yanks think we're a couple of dimes short of pound -
Old 11-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Kangativa

@Kangativa - you've got me nervous now mate - I better get in and dig around those existing holes and plop down some more shit. When can I borrow the excavator?

lol.....Hey mate I told you they like big holes
This excavator has retired.....those males just finished it off.
If you want you can just keep preparing the holes just outside the drip line of the plant as you go, not a bad way to go as it it keeps the holes nice and loose during the growing season.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Donald Mallard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushpig View Post
Looking Healthy and Rearing to go there Bushweed.

Nice to see the utilization of materials at hand i.e. Lantana stalks as Mulch, no weeds, a nice touch....What do you reckon WallyD lol

Bring on the Summer... ill be watching

Regards BP
lol there bushpig , darn sticks get soo annoying sometimes ..
im going for newspaper and hessian like i used to next time , weeds are out of control ...

plants are looking healthy there bushweed , were you going to train them in any fashion or just grow them as is??
Old 11-16-2010, 10:09 PM

Hi Wal, I was thinking of topping half of them so they'd spread out like Old Mother Sativa, or Humboldt medical grows, and letting the rest grow into christmas trees. I guess spacing between plants (3 metres) is the only issue there. It'll be purely aesthetic, because I'm just growing for myself, but what do you reckon pros& cons? I'm thinking if I top some there's less chance of wind damage and may also increase the yield. At the moment, I'm just happy to see them grow
Old 11-17-2010, 04:03 AM
Donald Mallard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushweed View Post
Hi Wal, I was thinking of topping half of them so they'd spread out like Old Mother Sativa, or Humboldt medical grows, and letting the rest grow into christmas trees. I guess spacing between plants (3 metres) is the only issue there. It'll be purely aesthetic, because I'm just growing for myself, but what do you reckon pros& cons? I'm thinking if I top some there's less chance of wind damage and may also increase the yield. At the moment, I'm just happy to see them grow
hey mate , id be inclined to top them or maybe tie one plant down one direction the next one the other ,,, im always worried about tall plants with the wind like you mentioned ..
Old 11-17-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Mallard View Post
hey mate , id be inclined to top them or maybe tie one plant down one direction the next one the other ,,, im always worried about tall plants with the wind like you mentioned ..
Yes mate, I definitely better give it some thought. My spot's quite protected from wind, except in one direction, would you suggest I tie them down away from the exposed direction?