Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 11. Seedlings and clones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrniceid View Post
i dont use ups or fed ex , i use the canadian postal service because they require a warrant to search my mail where the others dont
My understanding is that they only need a warrant if the package is less than 30g (in Canada) and 28g in the US. Letters cannot be opened without warrants, I believe the standard is different for 'packages'.

Use a REAL return addy folks, not a made up one.... of course that does not mean using your own addy.

For live plant material I suggest shipping in Turkey bags, sealed with tuck tape or the like (cellophane tape)... it keeps the smell from escaping. Then place in a sealed box, and wrap with brown paper and use a printed label, so it looks like any other piece of business mail... the key of course is to avoid raising suspicion and make the package seem as plain as possible.

Also, using the last name of the intended receiver of the shipment is not a bad idea... ie a package going to John P. Jones would be shipped from Alan Q. Jones so it seems like it is one family member shipping something to another... might raise fewer eyebrows.

Of course people need to realize like hempy said that shipping across state lines is a federal crime in the US, and med-users are not protected by their state- med-laws when you break a federal statute. I'm often surprised to see how open some of the US seedsters are, considering they are legal within state, but enter cannabis cups, accept prizes on stage and pictures in mags etc. They need to realize they are legal under their state law- that doesn't mean they can ship cannabis to europe for competitions, or even export seeds for that matter.... these are still federal crimes in the eye of the law. Why paint target on your back?

-Chimera
Old 01-27-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbla View Post
I've never had a problem with no return Addy.

I laughed because i had visions of some poor sod that doesnt even smoke, getting a visit from the Police, because someone stuck a random name & address on the envelope

Peace

B
Or that laugh turns into a cry if the poor sod does INDEED smoke and or grow. Try proving it WASN'T you!

Speaking of mail, recently a suspicious mailman got someone in my state busted for mailing 40 pounds of ganja.

The guy met the postman in front of address a and said he was expecting a package. The mailman gave it to him. The stupid guy, instead of sitting on the porch or something, proceeds to walk away. The mailman gets suspicious. Calls the cops. Now, here is the guys total bad karma. Some time later, the cops find him sitting in front of his own house!! Bust Him!

Now what has that to do with this thread? I dunno, sent by the mail?

Quote:
More than 40 pounds of marijuana were found after a Queens man, who requested a mailman give him a package destined for a Hillcrest Place home, was arrested by police on Jan. 23 at 2:20 p.m.

Duncan Jordan, 40, of Jamaica Avenue, stopped a mail carrier as he approached the house and told the mailman the package he was delivering was for him. After the mailman gave the package to Jordan and saw Jordan walk away from the house, he called the police.

Police found Jordan in front of a house on Park Lane also in North Woodmere and found him with the marijuana. Jordan was charged with criminal possession of marijuana-first degree and was arraigned at First District Court in Hempstead.
But now they won't pay it no mind

'Cause the people grew fat and got lazy
And now their vote is a meaningless joke
They babble about law and order

But it's all just an echo of what they've been told

America where are you now?
Don't you care about your sons and daughters?
Don't you know we need you now
We can't fight alone against the monster

©1970
Old 03-16-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0b_b1tch1n View Post
well it is good to use something for a return addy , it lowers suspicion
Some suggestions I've had. You could use a fake return adress using eBay. Just put:

eBay
fake item number
Get a name from eBay
state mailed from

I was also told to leave the package setting around for a couple of days before opening it. This way if you should have a visit from Barney Fife, you just deny any knowledge of it and don't know what is in it.
You can also put a couple of fabric softner sheets inside the package to cut the smell.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
My understanding is that they only need a warrant if the package is less than 30g (in Canada) and 28g in the US. Letters cannot be opened without warrants, I believe the standard is different for 'packages'.

Use a REAL return addy folks, not a made up one.... of course that does not mean using your own addy.

For live plant material I suggest shipping in Turkey bags, sealed with tuck tape or the like (cellophane tape)... it keeps the smell from escaping. Then place in a sealed box, and wrap with brown paper and use a printed label, so it looks like any other piece of business mail... the key of course is to avoid raising suspicion and make the package seem as plain as possible.

Also, using the last name of the intended receiver of the shipment is not a bad idea... ie a package going to John P. Jones would be shipped from Alan Q. Jones so it seems like it is one family member shipping something to another... might raise fewer eyebrows.

Of course people need to realize like hempy said that shipping across state lines is a federal crime in the US, and med-users are not protected by their state- med-laws when you break a federal statute. I'm often surprised to see how open some of the US seedsters are, considering they are legal within state, but enter cannabis cups, accept prizes on stage and pictures in mags etc. They need to realize they are legal under their state law- that doesn't mean they can ship cannabis to europe for competitions, or even export seeds for that matter.... these are still federal crimes in the eye of the law. Why paint target on your back?

-Chimera
So shipping clones WITHIN state lines from one medically authorized patient to another, in a legal medical state, is legal? Thanks in advance
Old 03-16-2012, 05:35 PM

Probably not 'legal' here in the states aqua. The USPS was a federal agency, and the postal inspectors are still federal employees, so I would assume that they follow/enforce federal laws. Even in Cali, lots of LEO think that the med statutes only give you a reasonable defense in court, not straight 'legal'. I was amazed watching a local sheriff & police chief try to explain how they truly believed that they could arrest every med user, and it was technically up to the courts to decide. They were on a local PBS roundtable show with a town manager right after the feds started threatening the t.mgrs with conspiracy last summer.

Now this is in a VERY weed-heavy county in NorCal, so in practice, things are very relaxed, but the cops were really holding on to the belief that 215 & 420 only provide for a medical defense, not actual legitimate medical consumption.

If you are in the same state, isn't driving it easier/less risky in most cases than sending a clone?
Old 03-17-2012, 12:46 PM

Default USDA International regulation

USDA Website : USDA - APHIS - Plant Health, Plant Protection and Quarantine

Plants intended for planting, including nursery stock, roots, bulbs, seeds and other plant parts

Divider

Q: What type of permit do I need?
A. The type of permit depends on the kinds of plant material you wish to import. Use these forms for these purposes:
PPQ 587: Application for permit to import generally admissible plants or plant products, including the small lots of seeds program.
PPQ 588: Application for permit to import prohibited plants or plant products for experimental purposes.
PPQ 621: Application for protected plant permit to engage in the business of importing, exporting or re-exporting terrestrial plants or plant products that are protected.
PPQ 526: Application for permit to move parasitic plants or noxious weeds
PPQ 546: Agreement for postentry quarantine. For this type of permit, fill in the first 5 blocks of the form and then contact your State Plant Regulatory Official to set up an appointment for a site inspection and consultation.
PPQ 586: Application for Permit To Transit Plants and/or Plant Products, Plant Pests, and/or Associated Soil Through The United States

Q. What is the turn around time for a permit application?
A. Plant Protection and Quarantine (PPQ) requires up to 30 days for processing a permit application and issuing a permit. Please apply 30 days before your first shipment is scheduled to arrive.

Q. Do I need a permit to bring back plants from my travels abroad?
A. If you bring back 12 or fewer articles of admissible plants that have no special restrictions, you do not need a permit. However, you do need a phytosanitary certificate from the country of origin.

Q: How do I know if a plant or plant part is generally admissible without special restrictions?
A: For help in determining admissibility, refer to the Plant Protection and Quarantine Nursery Stock Manual’s reference section. Click on “Nursery Stock Restrictions”, and then find the List of Regulated Propagative Material. Plants that are not listed in this section are generally admissible. Check for entries at the family, genus and species levels. When in doubt, you can submit a new application for the kinds of plants in question.

Q. Do I need to apply for a permit for every shipment?
A. No. One permit is valid for future shipments of the requested commodities until the permit expires. If you wish to add new species or countries of origin, then an amendment to your permit may be required. Be sure to request an amendment at least 30 days before you need the amended permit. Apply for new permit at least 30 days before the current permit expires.

Q. How much does a permit cost?
A. PPQ currently charges no fees for permits, except for the General Permit to Engage in the Business of Importing, Exporting, or Re-Exporting Terrestrial Plants listed on the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES). The fee is for this permit $70.00. User fees for other types of permits will be implemented sometime in the future.

Q. Can companies outside the United States apply for a permit?
A. No. We issue permits only to U.S. residents who have valid U.S. street addresses.

Q. What should I do if I am not sure whether or not the plant material requires a permit?
A. When in doubt, you can list the scientific names on the PPQ form 587 or in the e-permits application and submit the application to the Permit Unit. You will receive a permit for enterable kinds, and notification if some of the kinds are prohibited or otherwise restricted.

Q: I applied for a permit to import nursery stock, listing the species and countries of origin on the application. I received a permit and now I want to import additional species and/or add additional countries of origin. Should I apply for a new permit?
A. A nursery stock permit is issued for admissible nursery stock, plants, and plant parts capable of propagation that are not subject to postentry quarantine. You can import additional plants under your permit as long as the plants are generally admissible.

Q. Does my existing permit to import generally admissible nursery stock (PPQ form 597) cover shipments under the Small Lots of Seed Program?
A. No. To import small lots of seed without a phytosanitary certificate, you must obtain a special permit for small lots of seed. You must apply for this special permit in addition to your permit for generally admissible nursery stock.

Q: Does APHIS regulate aquatic plants?
A: Yes, the Plant Protection Act does not distinguish aquatic plants from terrestrial plants. When imported for growing or propagation, aquatic plants require a phytosanitary certificate issued by the exporting country and a written import permit for shipments of 13 or more articles. Like all plants intended for planting, aquatic plants are subject to inspection at the port of entry and must be free of quarantine pests.

The following aquatic plants are prohibited federal noxious weeds, which may be imported or moved interstate only with a PPQ 526, permit to move live plant pests and noxious weeds:

Azolla pinnata (mosquito fern, water velvet)
Caulerpa taxifolia; Mediterranean strain (killer algae)
Eichornia azurea (anchored waterhyacinth, rooted waterhyacinth)
Hydrilla verticillata (hydrilla)
Hygrophila polysperma (Miramar weed)
Ipomoea aquatica (water-spinach, swamp morning-glory)
Lagarosiphon major
Limnophila sessiliflora (ambulia)
Melaleuca quinquenervia (broadleaf paper bark tree).
Monochoria hastata
Monochoria vaginalis
Ottelia alismoides
Sagittaria sagittifolia (arrowhead)
Salvinia spp. (giant salvinias)
Solanum tampicense (wetland nightshade)
Sparganium erectum (exotic bur-reed)

Q: Does APHIS regulate algae?
A. At the present time, APHIS regulates only one alga, the Mediterranean strain of Caulerpa taxifolia. No one may import or move interstate this strain without a Federal noxious weed permit (PPQ form 526). Currently, nonvascular plants fall outside of the scope of the nursery stock regulations. However, in an upcoming proposed rule, we are proposing to expand the scope of the nursery stock regulations to include nonvascular plants, which is defined to include mosses, liverworts, hornworts and green algae. If that proposal is finalized, green algae will require a phytosanitary certificate and an import permit.

Q. Can I bring my house plants with me when I move from Canada to the United States?
A. Yes, in most cases. For further information contact the Canadian Food Inspection Agency for certification of the plants.

Q: If plant material is imported into Canada, under what conditions would the plants be considered of Canadian Origin?
A: An article imported into Canada from another country or locality shall be considered as being solely from Canada if it meets all of the following conditions:

a) It is imported into the United States directly from Canada after having been grown for at least one year in Canada;
b) It has never been grown in a country from which it would be a prohibited article or grown in a country other than Canada from which it would be subject to special restrictions outlined in 7 CFR 319.37;
c) it was not grown in a country or locality from which it will be subject to conditions of 7 CFR 319.37-7, unless it was grown in Canada under post entry growing conditions equivalent to those specified in 7 CFR 319.37-7; and
d) It was not imported into Canada in growing media.

Q. If bulbs are precleared do I need a phytosanitary certificate?
A. Precleared bulbs must be accompanied by a phytosanitary certificate issued by the plant protection service of the country of origin, including an additional declaration for freedom of potato cyst nematodes from specified countries. See 7 CFR319-37-5 (a) for the list of countries. Following is a list of documents that may be used in lieu of a phytosanitary certificate:

A “Copy-certificate of examination for USA”, this label or similar one used for precleared bulbs from Belgium, Ireland, Israel, Netherlands, Turkey and the U.K.
A mailing label titled “Flower Bulbs From Holland” bearing a “Copy-certificate of examination for USA” at the bottom, used in Netherlands only.
An invoice or other document from the Netherlands stamped with “Precleared.”
A label on mail-order shipments with the words “Pre-cleared Flower Bulbs as per Phytosanitary Certificate” with the Phytosanitary Certificate number inserted at the top right. At this time, used by one company in the Netherlands.
A special certificate from the Netherlands that lists a serial number, the scientific name of the bulb, the country of its origin, and a date on which the special certificate expires.
Bulbs accompanied by a PPQ Form 203, or a telex (Chile) that verifies the shipment has been precleared. Also, applicable CITES documents will accompany these shipments.

Q. Do I need a USDA PPQ permit to import plant DNA?
A. Not unless the DNA is encoded with an infectious agent. In that case, it requires a pest permit (PPQ Form 526).

Q: Does USDA, PPQ regulate the movement of plants from one state to another?
A: Generally not, with the exceptions of parasitic plants and federal noxious weeds, which require a pest permit for interstate movement, and host plants regulated under specific domestic quarantines. Contact your USDA, APHIS State Plant Health Director to find out if a domestic quarantine applies to your plants. For contact information, see the APHIS "Report a Pest or Disease" Web page.

We recommend that you also check with your State’s Plant Regulatory Official for possible state-level restrictions.

Q. Do I need a permit for herbarium specimens?
A. Yes, you need a permit for some herbarium specimens, such as specimens containing seeds of parasitic plants, federal noxious weeds, live pathogens, or other regulated organisms. We recommend that you apply for a permit using PPQ Form 588, Application for Permit to Import Prohibited Plants or Plant Products for Experimental Purposes; especially if you are not sure which species will be included in the shipment.

Q. Does my plant shipment have to come through one of the ports listed on my permit?
A. Yes. Restricted plant articles that require permits must be imported through specific ports of entry with USDA plant inspection stations. If you want to import through a specific port that is not listed on your permit, then you must send a written request to the Permit Unit.

Q. Can I hand-carry my plant material into the US?
A. If you are bringing back 12 or fewer articles of admissible plants, and the articles have no special restrictions, then yes, as long as you have a phytosanitary certificate from the country of origin. If you are bringing back plant material that requires a permit, then you should arrive through a port of entry that has a Plant Inspection Station (PIS). The importer must surrender the material to be forwarded to the PIS.

Q: How do I know if a plant to be imported is CITES protected?
A: You can find a listing of CITES protected plants at this website: http://www.cites.org/eng/app/index.shtml. When in doubt, you can call the permits Customer Service line at (301) 851-2046.

Q: How do I obtain additional green and yellow labels?
A. The answer depends on when your permit was issued. If your permit was issued before ePermits, you will see brown colored grid lines and “PPQ Form 597” in the bottom left corner of the first page of the permit. In this case, submit a copy of your permit and request form 564, which was mailed to you with the permit, to USDA, APHIS, PPQ, Permit Unit, Unit 136, 4700 River Road, Riverdale, MD, 20737.

If your permit was issued within ePermits, you will see the PPQ and APHIS logos at the top of the first page. In this case, you can access ePermits for label requests.

Q: How do I revise my general permit to import plants and plant products?
A: PPQ revises a permit only for simple changes such as address, permittee’s name, phone number or zip code. For these changes, submit a written request to USDA, APHIS, PPQ, Permit Unit, Unit 136, 4700 River Road, Riverdale, MD, 20737. For other changes, submit a new permit application to replace the old permit.

Q: How do I revise my postentry permit?
A. This depends on the change you wish to make. If you want to add genera to your existing valid permit, contact your State Officials to have them send a formal request to PPQ. To change a growing location or permittee name, you must submit a new PPQ Form 546. For other changes, contact the Customer Service Representative at (301) 851-2046 for instructions.

Q: How long does a permit last?
A. The general permit to import plants and plant products and the postentry permit are both valid for 5 years. The permit for small lots of seed is valid for 3 years.

Q. I don’t see my question here. Whom do I call for assistance?
A. The PPQ Permits Customer Service number is (301) 851-2046.

My hope .....

all whom, are not as they appear to be,

will someday wake up and smell the cannabis....

Brightest Blessings !
Old 03-17-2012, 12:48 PM

And it's even more ridiculous now....within the states....

anyone heard of the potato mite ?

N*

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/plant_heal...uidanceDoc.pdf

My hope .....

all whom, are not as they appear to be,

will someday wake up and smell the cannabis....

Brightest Blessings !
Old 03-17-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickStar View Post
Probably not 'legal' here in the states aqua. The USPS was a federal agency, and the postal inspectors are still federal employees, so I would assume that they follow/enforce federal laws. Even in Cali, lots of LEO think that the med statutes only give you a reasonable defense in court, not straight 'legal'. I was amazed watching a local sheriff & police chief try to explain how they truly believed that they could arrest every med user, and it was technically up to the courts to decide. They were on a local PBS roundtable show with a town manager right after the feds started threatening the t.mgrs with conspiracy last summer.

Now this is in a VERY weed-heavy county in NorCal, so in practice, things are very relaxed, but the cops were really holding on to the belief that 215 & 420 only provide for a medical defense, not actual legitimate medical consumption.

If you are in the same state, isn't driving it easier/less risky in most cases than sending a clone?
Hi Patrick, I remember there was a clone company in California that shipped clones. They would pack the boxes almost the same as reef fish are packed in a cooler sometimes with a heat pad depending on the weather . They have shut down the company due to questions arising on the legallity of their business. They played it safe instead of being prosecuted.

Easier to drive but sometimes we grow tired of the strains around us and want something different. For example just last week I was told that a collective up north is going to be carrying a Mr nice strain I've been looking for. I was going to buy seeds but this specific pheno is said to be amazing. I'm looking at a 13 hour 810 mile round trip in a car that gets 20 mpg with a girlfriend who realizes that I'm most vulnerable to yapping when I'm watching the road and my ear is exposed. I really don't care what celebrity came out on tmz the night before or what Prince Williams wedding cake looked like lol. Sad part is im going to try and make my trip in a couple of months lol. So in my specific case it would be fantastic if I could get clones delivered to my door. Hell in the early 2000s I would witness boxes of flat screen tv's filled with lbs and lbs of bud being sent to various parts of the country and making it there. As a matter of fact I remember reading a story the other day of a man in queens who the post man delivered 60 lbs of bud to in a box. The postal worker only called the cops after the man instead of going back into the residence or atleast sitting on the porch decided to walk away down the street. The cops actually found him around the block on his porch smoking a spliff and found the box inside lol.

Yeah I watched that special on tv. That guy was a douche but thought he was saving the world. There was a sheriff who was shutting down dispensaries in the north Hollywood area I believe. He'd organize raids with the feds. There is a documentary on netflix that has footage on it. I forget the name though.

Thanks for the response
Old 03-17-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm looking at a 13 hour 810 mile round trip in a car that gets 20 mpg with a girlfriend who realizes that I'm most vulnerable to yapping when I'm watching the road and my ear is exposed
Most cases, lol What cut/strain were you looking for?
Old 03-19-2012, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickStar View Post
Most cases, lol What cut/strain were you looking for?
Lol definitely. I'm looking at the nl5xafghan that used to be called gravity. I'm actually going to order some nordle and CM seeds soon and drive up and pick up the clone in a few months. Right now I have no room since I have some girls that are just about to go into flower.

Here is the article about the dude in queens lol. I couldnt find the other one where it states he was smoking a spliff web they found him on his porch. Also it was 40 lbs not 60 my mistake Cops: Letter Carrier’s Tip Gets 40-lb. Marijuana Bust | Long Island Press