Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 11. Seedlings and clones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 11:49 PM

Default Trichoderma Powder

Hi,
Does anyone else use Trichoderma Powder?, i've ordered a 10g tub of it, supposed to be really good especially when used along with Rootgrow, Blackstrap mollasses, touch of Maxicrop and Rockdust, peace, herb
Old 02-01-2008, 06:20 PM

Interesting looking stuff. Hard to tell exactly what it does, besides as a root protector against disease. Not sure how that translates into foliar protection though? I wonder if it works well with mycorrhizae?

Quote:
Several strains of Trichoderma have been developed as biocontrol agents against fungal diseases of plants.[2] The various mechanisms include antibiosis, parasitism, inducing host-plant resistance, and competition. Most biocontrol agents are from the species T. harzianum and T. hamatum. The biocontrol agent generally grows in its natural habitat on the root surface, and so affects root disease in particular, but can also be effective against foliar diseases.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichoderma
Old 06-26-2008, 08:35 PM
barletta

Between mycrohortazzae and trichoderma, I think 1 is relating to a beneficial fungus, and the other to a beneficial bacteria. I dunno which is which. I use plant success, bio-tone, and light warrior medium, all of which have mykes/trichs and I think that they make a big difference.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:42 PM
barletta

Well, I did some googling, and found out that Trichoderma is the fungus, and Mykes are bacteria.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:56 PM

its good bacteria that helps protect the plant from fungus/ mold attack and by all accounts this is true. i have read other growers clams that have used it and they say its good shit im going to give it a go when my CM plants start to get fat
Old 06-28-2008, 12:02 PM

afternoon all,il add that i had quite severe lsf on my AK 48,added the Actrivator.(trichoderma) and had no more problems from it.
albeit there are thousands of different kinds of fungi and this might not work on all??!!

sayin that my bro in law took one of my female AK's treated at the same time and he's had nowt but trouble since!!! its the goose n the gander syndrome it seams.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:58 PM

Thumbs up It's Cheap Insurance Against Potential Future Hiccups

Trichodermia 003 And Others Like It Are Safegaurds Against Disease , And Accompany Enzymes And Beneficial Bacteria And Microbes .
Theres A Old Saying I Heard From A Friend Who Painted Automobiles ; " A Perfect Paint Job Is Created By 90% Preparation , And 10% Application "
I Find This Quote To Be Applicable To Almost Everything In Life , And Especially Growing Plants With Good Foundations .
With A Healthy , And Balanced Subterranean Environment Thats " Alive " , Concern About Foliar Discrepancies Could Be Easier Analysed As Either Environmental Or Insecticidal , And Treated Accordingly.
For More On Trichodermia , Heres A Great Link ; http://www.growguide.info
Also, Very Informative Is The Information Provided By General Hydroponics Europe ; http://www.eurohydro.com
GHE Have Been Very Busy Working With Organic , And More Recently 100% Organic Hydroponic Solutions . Dr William Texier Perfected What He Calls Bioponics
I've Tried His Technique Using Biosevia , Mineral Magix , Canna Trichodermia003, And Of Course My Cuddle Blanket , Cannazym
Worked Like A Charm On Some Cheese I Was Once Kindly Gifted Using Nothing More Than A Tub And A For Sale Sign I "Found ", And A Air Pump And Airstone
The Roots Were Amazing Despite The Cheap Airpump, And By Completly Changing The Resevoir EVERY Week , I Had Zero Problems
Prevention Is The Best Cure , So They Say
JKP
Old 10-24-2009, 11:20 PM
Billy Liar

I mainly grow Hydro and occasionally coco, but in hydro i always add just a tiny bit of Canna Trichodermia003 at the beginning of every run, it helps prevent against probs and for me imo makes for prob free growing. i only use at the beginning as it colonises and as long as you look after your plants it looks after its self. I have been well informed that in high oxygen systems to use 1/4 the recommended dose as it (like your roots) spreads like wild fire.
I honestly believe its great stuff. A while ago I was a supplier of cutts, and every rockwool block or jiffy was soaked in a mild food solution and of course Trichodermia. Even mothers get a dose when i Start them. I had alot of happy customers with alot of happy plants.
I've had Probs in hydro (pytium) and it sucks. used ultra violet filter to keep it at bay and save the rest of the crop. and thats when a grow shop recommended trichodemia, kept adding it to the system but the uv light kills bacteria which in turn creates ph drops, i was killing pythium and trichodermia, total Nightmare!!!. After that crop I did some reading got rid of pytium then added small amount of trchodermia at the beginning of each run, everything after was just hydro bliss
Peace and love
BL
Old 01-06-2010, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barletta View Post
Well, I did some googling, and found out that Trichoderma is the fungus, and Mykes are bacteria.

The root of mycorrhizae is Myco, Mycology is the study of fungus, so no, Mykes are not bacteria. Trichoderma is a genus of fungus found in all soils and is easily culturable for use by you and me. Mycorrhizae is part of a symbiosis between the roots of the plant and the fungus, in which the fungus takes from the roots that which it can not synthesize/take in, while providing the plant with things its roots can not take in or are not readily available for uptake. This symbiosis is very beneficial to plants which may not be able to take in alot of forms of Nitrogen or other nutrients. From what I have been able to find out about trichodermas uses in gardening, it is used to prevent fungal diseases on the roots of plants, but seems to also be effective against foliar diseases as well. Feed your fungus populations and you are helping keep your plants healthy as well.

EC
Old 01-07-2010, 09:00 AM

That's as may be but trichoderma is definitely fungus not bacteria When people talk about mycorrhizae they mean the fungus collonizing the root zone (rhizosphere) and when they say microbial they mean bacteria. All this can easily get confusing.

Just checking the wiki tells me the latin 'myco' has two meanings, 'waxy' and 'fungus', the pathogen you describe (mycobacteria) is under 'waxy' due to the texture of it's cell walls.