Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > Grow information > 11. Seedlings and clones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 02:06 AM

Default seed size

I just received a pack of ssh seeds and there is quite the variation in seed size,some very small others standard.No immature seeds,however. Is this normal?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:08 AM

I cannot say for sure if that is normal, however, I can say that some of the most potent weed I have had has come from some of the smallest seeds, lol.

Be safe

A
Old 09-17-2007, 11:16 AM

Hi Fungus,
the seeds that i am growing now were smaller than the batch that i had on my last grow, but these smaller ones sprouted faster than the Bubblegum so i'd imagine the size of the seed doesn't matter.

Good luck with your grow, SSH is one of my favourite strains, will you be doing a grow diary?, if you are i'll look forward to seeing them progress,
peace
Herb
Old 09-18-2007, 05:59 AM

Seeds size have no influence (sp) on final product and overall grow.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:49 PM

i rwead in another post that som1 found a small seed and he said it was the smallest of his baby's all the way through but very nice
cant help u more than that he could of just unlucky
Old 09-20-2007, 02:59 AM
Scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungus View Post
I just received a pack of ssh seeds and there is quite the variation in seed size,some very small others standard.No immature seeds,however. Is this normal?
hi Fungus,
did the pack of SSH seeds come in a sealed packet from Mr Nice Seedbank ?
the reason I ask is most of mr nice seed I have recieved was very uniform to the specific strains,
even the Mango Widow,which by shantis own words is a wee bit unstabile ,yet the seed all is the same from that strain too.
i think mainly seed size represents health and calyxe size of mother plant that produced the seed,so it should be very uniform.

grow them out man,SSH is top shelf.
I personally plant the ugly seed first when testing a new strain first time out.

peace

Last edited by Scorpion; 09-20-2007 at 03:01 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:55 AM
JessE

Yes this is completely normal in my experience atleast to have seeds of varying sizes, Ive noticed it in a few packs Ive tried.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I know size doesn't matter...ok, I'll leave that alone for now.I was just concerned a batch of walkabout got thrown in a ssh package by accident.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:30 PM

i got a pack of ssh from mrnice, from a stand they had at a hemp expo earlier this year, the seeds are varying sizes, ive got through a third of the pack and its all super silver haze, looks just like the pics in the threads on this site, i love the different phenotypes in the pack. i found the one i hoped to find, stacked calyxs, hazy taste, incense smell when burned and 10 week finisher.
you will enjoy those seeds, i know i cant wait to get through the rest of my pack.

enjoy your grow.