Mr. Nice Forums  
Home History Strains Media Web Community Medical Marijuana Contact us Auctions

Go Back   MNS Forums > MNS Forums > 1. About this website

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 10:17 AM

Default Black Widow, and the never ending auction ??

Finally made it happen..

Ive had my eye on the Black Widow for years. To be honest, I didnt think it would ever be possible for me to make a purchase of the original "white widow'. Last time it was listed, there was a vicious bid war towards the last minute of the auction..
Ive been watching this listing over the course of the last couple days. Set me alarm clock real early this morning so I could be online to bid when the clock ran up. Well I did some spending this morning.
Picked up a pack of Neville's haze, Devil, and I did get the Black Widow!
Just a question tho..

There was a bidder, trying to do the old 3 dollar under cut.. I wasnt letting anyone step on my toes today.. That happened to me last time, wasnt going down like that again.. So at 1:00 remaining, I quickly jacked the bid from 72.00 up to $125.00. Once being rerouted back to the auction page it says the item now had 6 minutes remaining.. Hmm.. Coulda swore it just said under 1 minute... SO the timer drops down to under a minute again, I figure i better kick it up a notch and I bump my bid up to 145.00 Just incase ..
Get back to the auction page and again, the item has over 6 minutes left..

what the hell, right??

This last time I dont bid and the auction timer runs out without restarting at 6 mins.. Is this something that always happens or is it bc I was adding to my highest bid?
How come an additional 6 mins and some odd seconds were added to the timer 3 times? Is this normal?

Thanks for any help and wanna thank the man for making these seeds possible. Really stoked and thankful to get these seeds started for my outdoor this season. Im gonna figure out how to send my payment and will have that in the mail right away.

Thanks again
Grow aware,
GFam
Old 02-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla Family View Post
Finally made it happen..

Ive had my eye on the Black Widow for years. To be honest, I didnt think it would ever be possible for me to make a purchase of the original "white widow'. Last time it was listed, there was a vicious bid war towards the last minute of the auction..
Ive been watching this listing over the course of the last couple days. Set me alarm clock real early this morning so I could be online to bid when the clock ran up. Well I did some spending this morning.
Picked up a pack of Neville's haze, Devil, and I did get the Black Widow!
Just a question tho..

There was a bidder, trying to do the old 3 dollar under cut.. I wasnt letting anyone step on my toes today.. That happened to me last time, wasnt going down like that again.. So at 1:00 remaining, I quickly jacked the bid from 72.00 up to $125.00. Once being rerouted back to the auction page it says the item now had 6 minutes remaining.. Hmm.. Coulda swore it just said under 1 minute... SO the timer drops down to under a minute again, I figure i better kick it up a notch and I bump my bid up to 145.00 Just incase ..
Get back to the auction page and again, the item has over 6 minutes left..

what the hell, right??

This last time I dont bid and the auction timer runs out without restarting at 6 mins.. Is this something that always happens or is it bc I was adding to my highest bid?
How come an additional 6 mins and some odd seconds were added to the timer 3 times? Is this normal?

Thanks for any help and wanna thank the man for making these seeds possible. Really stoked and thankful to get these seeds started for my outdoor this season. Im gonna figure out how to send my payment and will have that in the mail right away.

Thanks again
Grow aware,
GFam
if you bid in the last min it adds 5 mins so the last highest bidder has a chance to re bid insted of a sniper comming in and snagging it in the final seconds

dont bump up a bid if you are still the highest bidder , you just cost yourself extra
Old 02-06-2012, 11:59 AM

Thanks bob, thats what I had assumed..

After becoming highest bidder, and I always then submit my Highest bid, so if my first is outbid, they must beat that price.. thanks for the info man. I appreciate it

One more if you have a minute...
After auction was completed, I was instructed to print off the confirmation email, and send it along with my payment.. I dont have access to a printer, is there any way around this? Is it possible to just copy down all of the information from the auction and confirmation onto a piece of paper? And this may be a dumb one, but the auction pricing is in Euros, can I send cash and if so, its fine to send USD ($) in the equivalent of the Euros?

Last edited by Guerilla Family; 02-06-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla Family View Post
Thanks bob, thats what I had assumed..

After becoming highest bidder, and I always then submit my Highest bid, so if my first is outbid, they must beat that price.. thanks for the info man. I appreciate it

One more if you have a minute...
After auction was completed, I was instructed to print off the confirmation email, and send it along with my payment.. I dont have access to a printer, is there any way around this? Is it possible to just copy down all of the information from the auction and confirmation onto a piece of paper? And this may be a dumb one, but the auction pricing is in Euros, can I send cash and if so, its fine to send USD ($) in the equivalent of the Euros?
Congrats GF, some gems you got there for sure.
Should be ok to copy the info, they just need to match order to winner. To prevent delays of course be as legible as possible & as far as the payment in euro, yes send in the converted to USD amount and your good.
Get ready for a spider frenzy!

-SD
Old 02-06-2012, 02:13 PM

Do we still have the option to get seeds direct?

Quote:
I quickly jacked the bid from 72.00 up to $125.00
BW retails for around 65-70 euros (roughly $85-91 today).
Old 02-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Banned

i dont have a printer , i just give them hand drawn/written auction id # , strain name , and price , then i convert the eur to canadian funds and send cash

peace
Old 02-06-2012, 03:19 PM

Thanks alot bob, and the rest of yas. Im confident now I will have no problem copying to order info onto a sheet of paper..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
Do we still have the option to get seeds direct?

BW retails for around 65-70 euros (roughly $85-91 today).
They may retail for $85-$90, but they are hard to find. Ive been trying to get a pack for years, and the time is right. I tried during the last auction, only one pack was listed, and I was outbid at the last minute. Wasnt gonna let that happen this time. Other sites Ive been checking are all sold out. So Its worth it to me to pay the few extra $'s to obtain these seeds, ensuring they go into my outdoor grow this season. I have no problem paying that kind of money for Shantis seeds. I feel more comfortable buying them here, than say seedbay, or anyone elseWe know theyre quality, and thats what matters.

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited by Guerilla Family; 02-06-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Banned

pm shanti and order direct

you get a great price plus site 10% member discount or 25% med (with proof) discount

peace
Old 02-07-2012, 03:18 AM

b0b if you ordered direct with the 10% discount, you would have spent 10 less euros. Jus' sayin, lol. I bought a pack of masterkaze last round for 37, and this round it went for 33. I feel cheated

Did you get the last pack of Devil, too? I was eyeballin that but didn't bid. Good luck with your beans homie!